Front Sway bar Disconnect (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Fab this disconnect up in a short amount of time and its EZ to connect/disconnect. First design was nice because it puts the sway bar against the frame (pic #1) and it bolts to existing threaded holes in the frame. The problem on my 80 was that even with the rear mount of the sway bar extended at full drop the driveline came in contact with sway bar. In #2 pic you see the short extension to lower the resting point of the sway bar. Depending on your lift and how much travel you have you may get away with the frame version or you may need to drop it to clear your driveline. Used drilled role pins and hitch pins to made connect and disconnect EZ.

Phil
Swaybardis.jpg
Mvc-561f.jpg

It'll be interesting to see how that holds up, eh? Seems like lateral forces would stress it considerably, but don't know if it's subject to this?

DougM

Phil, cool idea. So.... what do you do with the sway bar when it's disconnected while wheeling? Does it just lie on the axle housing?

Damn, am I reading that right? Nine years?

LOL! Looking at the current thread it looks like LCP has perfected his design. I will be buying a set!

Phil, cool idea. So.... what do you do with the sway bar when it's disconnected while wheeling? Does it just lie on the axle housing?

9 year old thread :eek:come back:D

Some of the guys were still eating boogers back then:hillbilly:

:santa:

To be correct I was probably taking Senior Picture for High School next to my Fj62. LOL

Old thread but I just ordered mine from the LCP site. Hoping it will at least save a little wear and tear on my sway bar bushings and mounts while flexing. Seems like I'm on track to replace sway bushings annually; maybe this will slow that pace down. o_O

The fact that this thread and the associated product are 13 years old is pretty impressive and also a little scary.

It’s awesome that we have “old guys” that have been creating and developing this platform for so long, but s*** they are probably going to die off pretty soon. We need to start seeing something productive out of you 30 years old and under people. :flipoff2:

The fact that this thread and the associated product are 13 years old is pretty impressive and also a little scary.

It’s awesome that we have “old guys” that have been creating and developing this platform for so long, but s*** they are probably going to die off pretty soon. We need to start seeing something productive out of you 30 years old and under people. :flipoff2:

Hey I resemble that remark!

Swaybar disconnect production started to help my daughter fund her church summer trip. That was many years ago and almost 600 swaybar disconnects later here we are today:eek:

Thanks to all who helped out.:clap:

Swaybar disconnect production started to help my daughter fund her church summer trip. That was many years ago and almost 600 swaybar disconnects later here we are today:eek:

Thanks to all who helped out.:clap:
Except for that one guy who claimed your swaybar disconnects caused his truck to catastrophically fail or get in an accident or whatever because somehow the cotter pin overcame impossible odds and came out due to washboard vibration

Except for that one guy who claimed your swaybar disconnects caused his truck to catastrophically fail or get in an accident or whatever because somehow the cotter pin overcame impossible odds and came out due to washboard vibration

He did admit the first (totally stupid) failure was when he just disconnected the swaybar and DID NOT pin it up and left it loose. DUH! The second failure was with the swaybar pinned up and overcame impossible odds when BOTH (2) hitch pins vibrated loose on a washboard road. Dude should buy lotto tickets with the money received from his Darwin Award

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom