Why i didnt make the MLK trip...... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jfz80

Cruisin’
Threads

Well i had planned on joining the group late Friday for the weekend when i came across this; and one thing led to another and next i was tryin to figure out how to get it home:eek: I had done about zero research on these, but i just knew the UC needed at least one more amongst the ranks. Eventhough (really bad joke) someone beat me to the one i had been eyeing; time, budget and location made this the right one for me. lookin foward to divin in and gettin her back to roadworthy, and then hittin the trails; but i forsee a lot of dirty fingernails to come. :bounce2:

A huge thanks goes out to Tym, a fellow mudder from the olde north state group, that provided to me his diesel, trailer, and saturday to go get the trailsnail!

Nice! I saw that one come up for sale shortly after I pulled the trigger on mine. She had a nice price.

I pick the Beast up Saturday...congrads on yours. How many pigs will that make in UC now? 4?

That makes Me, Eventhough, jfz80, Marhsall, Jess Busby, and Nathan. Mine is the only one to go to a UC event since I have been a member about 3 yrs now.

That makes Me, Eventhough, jfz80, Marhsall, Jess Busby, and Nathan. Mine is the only one to go to a UC event since I have been a member about 3 yrs now.

As soon as I get mine back to SC and have a free weekend mine will be on the trail. I guess Barley's doesn't count as an UC event... Has a pig ever been to an UC event w/o putting up a smoke screen? I think I saw a picture somewhere...:doh:

Steve

i am looking forward to seeing this thing out on the trails. I'm thinking we may want to take the body lift off....but it's J's, so he can make the decisions. I'll just help turn the wrenches.

bwaahahahahaha how am i gonna fit the 42's w/out the body lift.:D

Last edited:
here is a little more info.....

1972 Fj55
sprung over w/ 3" body lift
full white body
f engine (runs good)
77 front axle w/ recent rebuild
bucket seats
36" tire (pretty worn)
Scout power steering
iron pig rock sliders
iron pig swing away tire carrier and rear bumper
iron pig winch bumper
Warn 8274 winch w/ remote
CB

Needs:
radiator
maybe new battery or alternator
custom paint

i agree BL may come off, but the springs are so dearched its not that high........
but it is that scary to drive around a corner!!! and someone said 36''
would be "fun enough" on a plain F engine:grinpimp:

wait.....you mean it HAD an 8274 on it!! ;)

Yup, that decided it for me...a piggy will be my next cruiser and it will be dedicated to the trails and look as pimp as that one...just primer grey instead.

I had a 76, know all about em. Lemme know if you need to know anything :)

As soon as I get mine back to SC and have a free weekend mine will be on the trail. I guess Barley's doesn't count as an UC event... Has a pig ever been to an UC event w/o putting up a smoke screen? I think I saw a picture somewhere...:doh:

Steve

Definitely counts as an event. So bring it out and you'll be the second in three years.

Thanks everyone....
is this the sole club 55 appearance, er uh disappearance?

looks like ill have to shoot for 3rd in three years as i wont be makin its virgin trip to asheville. oh and no 42's for me, but anyone got some used 36's?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom