crew cab 45 TOYOTONA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
s***ty photos of a 4 door 45 we are currently building
2-3 weeks ´till finished..
Will be all new except the cowl,
bed will be 5ft 6.
Taking Orders..
Thanks
Paul
652.jpg
653.jpg
655.jpg

4 door crew cab toyotona

a few more s***ty photo´s.
when we´re all finished I´ll take some decent photo´s mounted on the chassis.
Paul.
656.jpg
661.jpg
471.JPG

I have a few questions, is this a fixed top? Will the floor except a stock FJ45 tank under the rear seat that with pipe correctly to the fill neck opening the cab? How about selling it minus the cowl, front doors and windshield for those of us who have these parts already? Maybe the top cap too, since it looks like a cut down FJ40 cap. I know if the price was right my FJ45 project would go four door. Very nice looking cab your building there.

John

John..
yes it is a fixed top.
this has the fuel tank under the rear seat, and will work with the stock fill neck.
The top is a cut down 40, with new corona.
Doubt I´ll be splitting it up.
Price, ..once all is finished I´ll know, I just wanted to get it out there and see what the feed back is..
Might make it to SEMA..
Thanks a lot.
Paul.
I have a few questions, is this a fixed top? Will the floor except a stock FJ45 tank under the rear seat that with pipe correctly to the fill neck opening the cab? How about selling it minus the cowl, front doors and windshield for those of us who have these parts already? Maybe the top cap too, since it looks like a cut down FJ40 cap. I know if the price was right my FJ45 project would go four door. Very nice looking cab your building there.

John

Whens the megga cab version coming out.......

LOL

Nice work, really dig the extra cab, would be super cool with a short bed.

Paul,

Looks great. Have you put any thought into reinforcing the B pillar so that you could make a removable top? I supose the top would need a long locating pin on the B pillar for strength since the rear door hinges attach to it.

Also do you have total cab length?

What chassis are you planning to use? 45 LPB frame, or could this be modified to go on a 60 chassis... ?

As always, Nice Work! :cheers:

I think bull is on the right track about the removable top, but for a different reason. That B pillar is gonna need a s***LOAD of reinforcement to take the stress of being a striker for the front door AND an anchor for the second door.

That pillar is gonna TAKE OUT the rain gutter and the roof in no time unless it is HEAVILY REINFORCED.:eek: I'm thinking raingutter of at least twice the thickness of stock, along with some kind of overhead bow linking the two sides, if not triangulated to the rear of the cab as well.

Since reinforcement is a must, it would only take slightly more effort to make the top removable. Then you'll have accomplished something the FJC couldn't!

Best

Mark A.

reinforcements could be a non-traditional (pillar style framework?) roll cage of sorts to accomodate both removable and non-removable tops.

looks great, very interested in price and frame application info

toyotona

Removeable roof...
We have thought about this a load, at the moment it is still on paper ..
It´s a lot easier..

As I post some of the earlier photo´s you´ll see the support beam that runs across the floor. there is also another that runs across the bottom back of the cab,(see photo) here we changed the oe to allow for more strength.
The top supports that run above the doors are tied to that centre brace and to eech other,(removeable) again I´ll post photos
The rear cab has been changed from an original pick,up, doesn´t look like it but there is an angular difference, we reamade all the frame to accomodate that curve.Thus leaving us with a bigger rear window than any lpb,

This crew cab is built to be put on a 78 lpb frame, that has been extended 16 inches, after the rear hanger, I´ll post up some photo´s of the frame,
The reason we used the older stlye frame is that is does not have that kick up and raised floor like the later style, this makes it a load easier to get people comfortably in the back seats without smaking their heads on the roof.

Paul you could , if you have not already suppor the B pillar the same way the lv B pillar is supported and since you did those floors you prolly have a good I dea how to make it look stock. i removeable top would be nice but not a deal breaker fo me. I will watch this thread closely
Jason

yup, definetly watching this one.........

Would this body fit an LV frame? What would have to be done to the LV frame to make this crew cab fit? I have one of the floors you built going into my LV project. I have no doubt the quality of this box would be excellent. I am definitely interested. I have an extra LV frame and another complete 40 drive train to go into this. All I need is the body and bed.

the advantages of a 55 AND a 45 rolled into one!

are we going to be limited to one each?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom