my new aussie 45 troopy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
turbo fj45 troopy

just had to post this up as i know you guys love these troopys

just brought this BIG toy went and looked at it last week and decided to buy it picking it up tuesday hopefully so if you want more pics you will have to wait till then

anyway its a 1984 fj45 lwb troopy, factory power steer and disc brake, split tcase, full floater rear, thomas pto winch thats in need of repair

in quite good condition some rust in the gutter and soem in the passanger floor but all easily fixed once i get it home

its also running on dual fuel propane and petrol and ill most likley convert it to straight propane

brought this to use as a tow vehicle for my swb 40 that im building into a buggy for comps here down in oz
6e_1_b.jpg
63_1_b.jpg
e4_1_b.jpg

Last edited:
What is going on with those passenger side wheels? Are they steel? does the PTO Winch work? The cable wrapped around the kangaroo guard, makes me ask. If it doesn't work, just send the rig to me in Virginia, I'll sort it out and return the rig to ya...:flipoff2: Nice score. I'm jealous.

Geez why did we never get these cool options here in the U.S.?

My congratulations! Very nice expedition rig! Even has stock snorkel, but with safari air ram.

green73:
i saw a lot of competition guys who wrap cable around bumpers/guards - when you winch a lot during race this is for faster storing of cable - to not waste time to wind from and back on winch drum, watching it to lay properly. Or in this case it could be because of excessive length of cable. Or you right - winch not working... ;)

After 12 ours on mid shift and a few beers I was doing good to try spelling correctly let alone read and comprehend:flipoff2: Thanks, now I fit the stereotype of the Mississippi education system.

nice troopy!

i had looked at that one months ago, but the PO was a bit of a cock head :flipoff2: and was not at all interested in dealing with canadians.

if he had only been a little nicer...

you'll like your troopy, i love mine. sweet truck!

crusty

crustyBJ60 said:
nice troopy!

i had looked at that one months ago, but the PO was a bit of a cock head :flipoff2: and was not at all interested in dealing with canadians.

crusty

DAMN crusty, I like that about you..... not one to pussy foot around.

crustyBJ60 said:
nice troopy!

crusty
Spoken like a dinki di North Queenslander, we are proud of you Crusty. :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

cheers guys just had to post pics up somewhere of my new toy :)
hopefully im picking it up this week was gonna be tomorrow but ive got a job interview so that has to come first

someone asked about the rims there roh trakbuster's
http://www.roh.com.au/asp/iframe_content/display.aspx?ID=Trakbuster

just a steel rim 15x8 but yeah i like em

pto is broken its got a snapped main shaft no big deal said he has been quoted $88 to get one made luckly i have a complete pto from my other cruiser so ill just swap the winch head and get the one on it fixed when i have some spare money

crustyBJ60 - he said he had some intrest from a guy in canada may have been you :)

ill get some more photos as soon as ive got it in my hands

cheers for the feedback guys

well i went and picked up the troopy today
200kays there 200kays home driving it drove well except my friend who was following me decided to wait till i got home to tell me that i had NO BRAKE LIGHTS GRR

apart from that and a minor starting issue it drove well and cruised happily at 110kmph all the way home

started tearign into the dodgy stuff the PO had done like the 6 yes 6 antenna mounts and wires on the bullbar just chopped all but 1 off as i have a cb in the shed ill throw in it

checked out the winch and its in need if major restore main shaft is snapped and looks like all the oil seals in it are fubar luckly i have a complete spare pto setup so ill just swap heads then rebuild this when time permits then might fit a rear pto would be good for haulin my future rock crawler up onto the trailer if it s***s itself :)

some bad rust in the drivers side b pillar on the inside is rusted away the top 1-2inches so ill have to chop and repair that asap

other than that im quite happy
gonna throw on my 31" muddies for now as the tyres on it are fubar prolly get some 33's eventually

will get some pics tomorrow in daylight fo everyone to check out

sweet,

well, you have it now. PO's are a pain... always s*** to fix. looking forward to some pics of that bad boy.

i'm balls deep in my own troopy pain. PO's again eh? lol...

crusty

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom