yodaTEQ - HOT FzJ80 Manifold Food Warmer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm in on the next batch. Also interested in a locking yotaTEQ lid for this thing. It might help pick temps up a little too. If it can get up to 250ish I'll throw a small pork shoulder up in there!

Hm, fitment on 93/94 with PAIR valve still there?

When I saw the thread I thought it was going to be cheesy, but honestly, it's brilliant! Using waste energy is always cool. Great job!

Seems like a great idea, however I would like to make a humble suggestion I cant believe has not been brought up yet:

Remove the heat shield! I see pictures with the heat shield in place. The fan is blowing air through the louvers (why they are there) and directing the hot air down and out. Remove the heat shield, use the mounting bosses as needed for support (there present and useful after all); you could also make a "skirt", removable or not, that extends downward. Since heat rises, hot air will be trapped in the box structure created by the skirt, and heat the cooking surface. The reason things are taking so long to cook is because the heat is leaving the engine bay because the heat shield is performing. You could make a lid that contains the heat with insulating properties and probably cook MUCH faster as you will be bringing the exhaust heat into the box and holding it there, rather than directing it away.

I seriously don't mean to criticize and I think the idea is fantastic and the product clearly well made. The only reason I bring these things up is because I am impressed by the product, and would be a buyer, if the design were improved upon slightly, again, no offense meant.

If the heat were being directed to the cooking surface rather than away you could cook and eat more frozen burritos.....MMmmm More burritos

Heat does not rise, it radiates. Hot air rises.

The idea of the box isn't necessarily to cook it, its to get it very warm. If you actually get it hot enough to actually "cook" the food then you are also "cooking" other engine components such as belts and hoses and wire.

Last edited:
There are plenty of slow cooking methods that work at around or less than the operating temperature of a 1fz.

This is a good product but i was more impressed by the burrito box that another mudder used to sell.

A 50 calibre ammo can might mount in that area. I need to get one and test fit.

This cooker gains heat by all three methods of heat transfer: conduction, convection and radiation.

The convection takes place when the hot air rises from the exhaust and heats the cooking surface, as well as the air around the food.

Increased convection allows the cook surface to become hotter, the conduction will take place between the food/foil, and the now hotter surface. The hotter air now from the exhaust will also warm the food through the same convection that heated the warming surface. This air can be trapped with a lid. The skirt and lid I suggested allow for more convection, and also more conduction as a byproduct of the increased convection.

The radiation takes place from surrounding heat that is radiating from the block, heads etc, and not a part of the convection process of heat "rising" and mass being exchanged. This will go largely unaffected.

The idea I suggested has no impact on radiant heat, It allows for better convection to the cooking / warming surface, and that allows for better conduction and convection to the food being warmed.

Last edited:
ab48b50e573047f4cc2883a12fb8694d.jpg
I don't think it's gonna fit. Australian RHD is not the problem though.....

I will be Fabb'ing up another batch of these and I'm taking names over at the Group Buy Section so I know how many to cut and build.

HOT FJ80 Manifold Food Warmer

I've received some PMs inquiring about powder coating and hardware and I can definitely accommodate that request for an additional $15 so that would bring the price to $77

Via the Group Buy I can keep the $62 price (raw without hardware) or Powder Coated and Hardware for an additional $15 = $77

what do you guys think?

I will go into production on 10 Manifold Warmers next week. The PRE-SALE PAYMENT PAGE IS NOW OPEN These will be sold raw like the first 10 and I will include mounting hardware $65 My target date for ship date is on or before Jan 30th. Get your payment in ASAP

Never miss a hot meal on the road again with your yodaTEQ Manifold Food Warmer

you've got paypal.
Thanks for adding the Z.

Cant wait to use it at Rock Chef III.

you know..my '94 has that huge ass PAIR valve como se llama hoggin up my front bolts...
am I going to have to hack off a bunch of this to bolt it in?

you know..my '94 has that huge ass PAIR valve como se llama hoggin up my front bolts...
am I going to have to hack off a bunch of this to bolt it in?

check out this thread
PAIR valve removal???
It has some good info regarding removing the "pulsed air injection valve"
Ahora sabemos lo que se llama la parte o el systema

Let me know what you decide

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom