Who's renewing, who's not... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nope.
They need to adjust the shipping costs for Canadians. With the exchange (good right now) the cost for 6 issues is close to $10per. Plus all the other member benefits don't apply to us.
I love the the collector sets & get a couple each year & give them to friends.

formerly # 2058

yep, i understand Jason...

the best thing we have done so far is offer Bulk distribution to our Canadian chapters... Basically, Members who belong to a participating chapter can pay the $25 and their Trails is shipped in bulk to a Chapter contact, who then distributes them to Chapter members (club mtg or ?). Problem is, you have to belong to a participating chatper. Bruce Loewen is currently piloting this approach for his Chapter.

but to also provide balance to your thougths about adjusting Trails shipping, it's not fair to all the other members who have to cover your reduced shipping in their dues.

Thanks for the input!

Thanks Tony,

But doesn't $2.50US/issue in addition to whatever you have budgeted into the membership cost seem a bit steep for postage? When you remove the membership perks that US only members get (insurance & whatever else) it just doesn't seem fair or worth it.
One year thanks to the poor exchange my membership cost me close to $75CDN for the issues & additional shipping.

Jason

And one other thing, I'm not trying to be a complainer or trash the TLCA. Just my thoughts, right or wrong.
And I ordered 2 '03 collector editions this morning to get TT for myself & brother-in-law. This is a great way for me to get the mag & stay up to date.

I re-uped for another two years...

I just renewed mine yesterday.

I tend to only receive 5 issues of Trails per year, as I seem to always be
broke when I get my renewal notice and last copy. :doh:

I just renewed today after about 10 yrs of absence. I guess
i am one of the statistics. My prob was when i sold my FJ40
back then i couldnt hardly stand it to stay a member and
see all of those beautiful rigs and not have one myself. Maybe
that was wrong dont know. but i am a member now and have
renewed my faith in the cruiser and the tlca, which by the
way does a great thing for the off road community. My club
is a chapter club and i couldnt be happier too. I feel it all
does some good at sometime thanks for being there tlca
JimK

Just joined... high number. I received my first issue of TT and I love it. I am all about Cruisers and this mag and organization is too. That is enough for me.

i have renewed everytime, even when the times were tough. Every time I have missed my issue of the trails. The closest chapter was in Tri=Cities, and I went to a few meetings, nut it was an houe away. I started on the list, and then Joined the TLCA. It wasn't really the trails that kept me involved, although it was a huge bonus, it was being part of the larger puzzle that kept me. I have gotten no discounts, nor been to any events, but am still here.
Rod

AFAIK, I'll always renew unless my passion gets redirected elsewhere, but I don't see that happenin'. Every first of the year, I start planning which TLCA events I wanna run. It's great to see some clubs stepping up that have awesome trails & they're located centrally in the US, like LSLC's Roundup & The Razorback Ramble. I'd really like to see some SW LC clubs come together & put on an event in Arizona or New Mexico.

Just renewed. I'm not a politician but I just love the trails mag. One of the best "mods" I've done is becoming a member.

Renewing this year was the most fun it's ever been,

I just registered for the Rubithon Premier package. :cool:

It includes membership with first class postage and a trip through the Rubicon!
:D

:cheers:

Hey Gang;
It was kinda a goal of Tony's to hit 4000 with membership...a goal Nolan and Jenn and I are working ahrd to reach. We hit a high of 3499 last month...woohoo!
For two days. Then March ended. We had 408 members lapse in March, takeing us back down to 3091!!!!! Ouch!!!!!
Jenn Lorincz and Jackie Miller are sending out "won't you please renew" letters to our members who lapse every month. It is making a difference. We got about 120 folks back last month thru those letters.
We could make 4000 soooo easy if we could keep our lapsed members current. Ask your buddies, spread the word. Thanks!

If LeapFrog Schoolhouse coughs up all the money they owe me for writing grants these last 7 weeks - the paypal will be in the mail!

Joined and just recieved my membership packet,

Number 14922

I just re-upped last month before the deadline. Only 2 TLCA events for me this year, CM, and Rubithon.

Somebody mentioned the lack of events in the Mid-West. I thought Texas was in the mid-west. :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom