Whats everyone using for upgraded sway bars now? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So the final word I've received is realistically going with Air Freight (4 weeks lead time) would really be cost prohibitive with the end user cost being around $430 to their door. That being said if folks were not in a desperate rush on an order was put in with the regular SuperPro monthly orders (April 15th) with a lead time to folks doors of 120 days the cost would be right around $350 all in.

Not sure if any of this interests folks, if there was some interest I can setup up something in the Group Buy section and have the bars added to SuperPro's April order.

Yea FIG's doesn't have them in stock, nobody has the SuperPro bar in stock currently stateside. I'm still putting the finishing touches together with SuperPro as I wanted to be able to offer in any of the endlinks and bushings etc they have for the 80 as well.

So the final word I've received is realistically going with Air Freight (4 weeks lead time) would really be cost prohibitive with the end user cost being around $430 to their door. That being said if folks were not in a desperate rush on an order was put in with the regular SuperPro monthly orders (April 15th) with a lead time to folks doors of 120 days the cost would be right around $350 all in.

Not sure if any of this interests folks, if there was some interest I can setup up something in the Group Buy section and have the bars added to SuperPro's April order.
$350 each (front or rear), or just rear?

had my blackhawk sway bar fall off my axle today. I installed it last week, drove to MOAB and after a couple of miles of washboard the two bushongs at the rear axle fell off.

They use some universal slotted part to hold the bushings to the axle. The one remaining bolt had a distorted washer and had almost complety backed out.

what are other makers using?

Dude, that's a long arse haul to Moab from MA!!!

i run no front or rear sway, it does have extra sway on the road yet i havent felt unsafe. I had the quick disconnect kit for the front but grew tired of getting under there to disconnect and reconnect... it is however much smoother for the dog and I when on the trail..

Dude, that's a long arse haul to Moab from MA!!!
second year on a row. on the wsy out this year there were high winds gusting to 50mph so the sway bars got a work out. I've got another set of bushings and brackets coming in today for the ride home.

Unless there is something available I'll have something made. I want my sway bars on my truck.

second year on a row. on the wsy out this year there were high winds gusting to 50mph so the sway bars got a work out. I've got another set of bushings and brackets coming in today for the ride home.

Unless there is something available I'll have something made. I want my sway bars on my truck.

I totally forgot about CM'19 happening this week!

Whiteline has been a great bar without bushings to the axle issues after a lot of trail miles. Whiteline uses a rubber bushing not a poly that appears to be with the Blackhawk. Something that may make the Whiteline bushings not a problem. :meh:

I have had issues with the links not being able to stand up to the demands the HD bar puts on them but as of late I believe I have found a solution.

Still finalizing the design but the concept seems to be working if you find links to be a problem.

IMG_2784.JPG

just shuddup and take my money :flipoff2: To be honest, I don't want a squeaky, maintenance requiring joint but if your testing shows that nothing else can handle this abuse, so be it.

I do wonder if you made the upper mount a double shear arrangement, would that serve us better for the long term?

just shuddup and take my money :flipoff2: To be honest, I don't want a squeaky, maintenance requiring joint but if your testing shows that nothing else can handle this abuse, so be it.

I do wonder if you made the upper mount a double shear arrangement, would that serve us better for the long term?

Absolutely a double shear upper bracket has been drawn and ready to be cut. Pictured is prototype single shear it will also give us some idea on how much stress is created. Also all parts will be zinc coated for a long lasting durable finish. We are all about making sure we have a solid working product and components before it is offered to others. I ran a very similar set up on the front of my 40 built-in 1991 that is still in use today.

Absolutely a double shear upper bracket has been drawn and ready to be cut. Pictured is prototype single shear it will also give us some idea on how much stress is created. Also all parts will be zinc coated for a long lasting durable finish. We are all about making sure we have a solid working product and components before it is offered to others. I ran a very similar set up on the front of my 40 built-in 1991 that is still in use today.

That sounds nice. I take it that there's no way to do the same thing on the sway bar end, double shear mount similar to the OEM style?

That sounds nice. I take it that there's no way to do the same thing on the sway bar end, double shear mount similar to the OEM style?

Take a look at the OEM front set up. The upper mount is single shear as is a ton of other links on other vehicles. I would be open to a lower double shear but I was not able to find anything to handle the angle when flexing. The heims that I use have 23° of movement. 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom