What is the Gold Country... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I did some quick work and came up with some maps of the Gold Country area's so we can do better at reaching the right members.
GCC_Area.jpg

And a more detailed map of the area, with lables:
Detailed_Map.jpg

Last edited:
Nice.
We should get a meet and greet set up soon. We can go over all the details and some ideas

Let's get a logo made up!! I wanna rock some new shirts ,sweatshirts and stickers!!!

i guess i should be in this forum too, since i'm in stockton. meet-n-greet sounds good to me.

georg @ valley hybrids

tomorrow!! make it on up man

crap. yeah, i saw that. but i need to rebuild the knuckles on a customers' 80 tomorrow. hopefully next time.

have a great time, hope the weather holds up!

georg

aww. oh well. next time for sure! keep in touch man!

There is a TLCA club out of Placerville that I'm a member of, great group of people. Toys on the Rocks. We meet the 1st Wednesday on the month at the Round Table on Missouri Flat Road.

Hope we see you guys at Rubithon this year

well keep an eye out for you guys!!!

There is a TLCA club out of Placerville that I'm a member of, great group of people. Toys on the Rocks. We meet the 1st Wednesday on the month at the Round Table on Missouri Flat Road.

Hope we see you guys at Rubithon this year

When is the next meeting? Been meaning to call you this week!

:cool:

Got a '72 FJ55...Now Let the Fun Begin

Just brought home a '72 FJ55 Iron Pig. I live in San Jose, but bought this beast to haul stuff back and forth between my home in SJ and our place in Sutter Creek (Gold Country!!) where we bought some land to build on and retire. We have two dogs, and wanted something our full size cage could fit into, and this fits the bill. It has a lot of work to be done, and I haven't worked on a 4 wheel drive vehicle since the year this thing rolled off the assembly line.

When each of my boys turned 13, I bought an old Triumph TR3 to rebuild with them, on the condition that it was complete by the time they were 16. So I have a lot of experience with frame off restoration on vehicles, but not with the FJ55.

This one is licensed, but hasn't passed the CA safety inspection for my insurance company, and that is my first priority. It had no horn, turn signals, or high beams when I got it, and I was able to adapt one of the newer Toyota column turn signal setups to work with the existing steering wheel and column mount. It took some cutting, grinding, and fabrication work, but the new turn signal arm works great, and I'm one step closer to passing my safety inspection.

Am in the process of installing a new Painless wiring harness, and that will take me the next few days. Just got a used dash instrument cluster and the speedometer has a different cable connection from the one that is not working. The not working one is a screw in, and the new one is a slip on of some kind. Not sure if there is a cable that will work for this new one, or if I'm going to have to fabricate another part. One way or another, I will get it working.

One of my BIG projects is.... I bought a pair of ambulance doors that I realize do not belong on the back of an FJ55, but I want them, so I will be working to fabricate a mounting setup for those, and will document that process with video and photos for anybody crazy enough to want to make that happen for their Pig.

Just so you know, I was going to buy an FJ40, but my wife saw the Pig and fell in love with it. So my insanity has her support. Without that, I'd be dead in the water.

Dave

Sacramento Area meet ups

Hi all,
Bought 97 80 a few months ago and have started the buildup.
I saw this sub-group and wondered if you all have any regular meetings or get togethers. I am interested in meeting with other 80 owners.
Thanks

welcome to the 80 series addiction.

hoping we can get another meet scheduled soon! its been too long!

lets see some pic of this beast!

Thanks for the welcome. I hear you on the "busy" part. It has taken me 2 weeks to reply back. If it works, here is a picture of my 80.

ForumRunner_20140214_092545.jpg

ForumRunner_20140214_092545.jpg

Nice man. Lookin good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom