What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (65 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Installed a stereo: Kenwood ddx470 (double din dvd with Bluetooth and siriusxm) and added a flush mount usb cable in the console.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1413079378.179719.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1413079396.399160.jpg

2. Painted the side trim that was severely faded.
3. Broke off the security lug nuts since I didn't get the key with the vehicle and replaced with aftermarket eBay ones (jury is out if they are as good as OEM but I got 20 for the cost that 4 were have been from the dealer). I only replaced the security ones.

Installed a ~12 gallon ABS water tank where the spare would usually be. Decided to try this route instead of an auxiliary fuel tank since it seemed easier/safer. So, fresh water here, fuel in jerry cans on the rack.

The install for now is more of a proof of concept than anything...a bit rough as you'll see from the pictures.

I tried to tuck the tank up as high as possible, but at some point it hit the hoses entering the charcoal canister. The angle of the hoses did something since I got a CEL immediately after putting my tools away and going for a test drive. Had to lower the front of the tank an inch or so which isn't all bad since that'll help me get every last drop of water out of the tank.

You can just see the water pump mounted along the side of the tank. For now, the pump sends water to the Helton heat exchanger. I haven't yet, but plan to route another line for cold water direct from the tank.

1tank.jpg

From the side, you can see the tank angled down from the back, hanging below the line of the frame a couple inches (looks worse in the pic than in person). I doubt this will be too much trouble other than in extreme situations, but we'll see. I'll bring extra water on the first couple trips in case the tank gets smashed on a ledge.

2profile.jpg

The fill pipe comes up between the tailgate and the truck. When the tailgate is open, there is a bit of a pinch on the 1.25" ID fill pipe, but not enough to worry me. The tie wrap keeps the pipe angled so there isn't any stagnant water. So far so good.

3fillpipe.jpg

rearranged the drawers to recovery in one and camping stuff in the other. Bolted the high lift offroad base to the jack

Having installed taller rack feet on my Front Runner rack to allow me to squeeze a table underneath, my previous off the shelf Yakima fairing became pretty much useless, standing nearly vertical between the rack and the roof. So, I ordered a big slab of ABS from Tap Plastics and rolled my own. It for sure takes up more real estate (decided to extend it down to the windshield), but it does cut down on wind noise and should immediately improve my gas mileage. Or maybe I'll just have somewhere to put a bunch of expo stickers.

The "finished" product. May still add a rubber strip along the bottom edge.

fairing1.jpg

Notched out the top to go around the light bar and rounded the corners with as much precision as I could muster after a couple beers.

fairing2.jpg

Made some custom brackets with bits I had laying around the garage.

fairing3.jpg

Finally got around to mounting the Hi-Lift jack I had laying in my garage:) Just got to keep my clearance in mind from now on. Sure don't want to take that garage door with me when I pull out.

IMG_0083.jpg

Did all this . . .

LC PM.jpg

Put my 18's back on (long road trip this weekend) and plastidipped them, the front grill and the rear emblems. The 'Land Cruiser' didn't come out right, so i need to redo it, but I'm happy with the Toyota emblem and the 'V8' badge. Will do the side vents soon too.

Getting my 2001 ready to sell and was not comfortable with a carpet stain hiding in the middle seat area. Removed seats, steam cleaned area, but decided I'm going to pull the interior, remove carpet and power wash the entire carpet. Looks like someone spilled a coffee in the past :)

Oops

Rolled over 158,000 on the way home from work. Not too bad for a 2000!:)

IMG_0084.jpg

Had the front r/h drive shaft and splined hub replaced. Oh, and a new brake master cylinder. Ouch! :eek:

Here she is.

Bone stock right now, but Saturday I will be removing the running boards and throwing on the lc 16's i bought. Then I'm going to go look for some mud/trouble nearby. More pics to follow!

Nice LC's! Nazareth is not that far from me about 45 minutes

Added ome torsion bars and ome shocks. What a difference in ride and handling.

Nice LC's! Nazareth is not that far from me about 45 minutes

Cool. I hit Rausch Creek out in Tremont PA a couple weeks back, let me know if you're interested in going some time.

Cool. I hit Rausch Creek out in Tremont PA a couple weeks back, let me know if you're interested in going some time.

Sure, I am stock currently, but getting tires end of month and going from there.

Sure, I am stock currently, but getting tires end of month and going from there.

I went stock, just put some 285/75 off road tires on my 16's and pulled the running boards...no problems.

added Duiser Recovery Brackets on all four corners
URB-Recovery-Point1-300x292.jpg

ordered Slee , ext batt setup, full skid plate setup and will also be extending the breather lines on the transfer case and diffs next week
100 Series Recovery Bracket URB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom