What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (102 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bilt4me,

Not interested in selling parts. Want to outfit one 80 as an expedition and the second I have plans such as thie picture below. (Don't get me wrong I love 80's but man o man the 40's are, i think, the coolest thing on the road) Now whether it comes to fruition is a different story.

Hamishpotter,

They just don't understand. ....for the love of Pete I don't know why, but they never understand our sickness. My youngest daughter helps with the enthusiasm and kind of curbs the nonunderstanding!
20150104_104028.jpg

I love posts like this. I can show it to my gf and tell her "see honey, I'm totally normal compared to THIS guy!" :flipoff2:

@fjgoober
You should see my yard. At the moment the vehicle count is slim, 1992 fj80, 1985 mini truck-project, 1884 bj60-project, 1977 fj40-project, a fj40 frame, and a late 1940's Willys cj2a-project. As well as two non-Toyota DD's.
There used to be an fj45 and a 1996 fzj80 (lockers) as well as others, but sadly those days are gone.

Seriously, when the hell does Joey get back from North Carolina?!?! This place is slow without him around. Plus I need an "I was gone for two weeks, had some time to think, and decided to do this..." thread. It will be a 94 hrs mod that will require SCUBA and HAZMAT certification that can also be done with an empty 20oz soda bottle and a toothpick. But it will be epic! At least 25 pictures of schematics drawn on various airplane napkins which were then transferred to graph paper before ultimately being created in solidworks. Where are thou @NLXTACY?!?

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
I got back really late last night. Taking care of my dad who has been diagnosed with bipolar schizophrenia. Too much to deal with so I used my spare time to build my folks (and brothers and sisters, nieces and nephews) a new deck by making it wider and longer. Then I added a lower deck. 35x16 for the upper and 38x9 for the lower. I got close to finishing it while teaching them all about construction. I needed at least four more days to finish but I didn't have four more days. The last two weeks have been hard enough. Not 80 related but here is what I was doing...

Seriously, when the hell does Joey get back from North Carolina?!?! This place is slow without him around. Plus I need an "I was gone for two weeks, had some time to think, and decided to do this..." thread. It will be a 94 hrs mod that will require SCUBA and HAZMAT certification that can also be done with an empty 20oz soda bottle and a toothpick. But it will be epic! At least 25 pictures of schematics drawn on various airplane napkins which were then transferred to graph paper before ultimately being created in solidworks. Where are thou @NLXTACY?!?

I don't think I'm needed for entertainment in this place :flipoff2:

I promised myself I would not introduce anything new until the LockBoxes for the 80s and the Locking Lids for my FEM started shipping.

I H8 vendors. I R 1 2 :(

Hi,

Today the 80 got new rubber! Went with 285s ST Maxx. Sadly in Europe they don't sell them in 255...

Seems a new car, no vibrations and no road noise.

Cheers

View attachment 1126043 View attachment 1126044 View attachment 1126045 View attachment 1126046 View attachment 1126047 I got back really late last night. Taking care of my dad who has been diagnosed with bipolar schizophrenia. Too much to deal with so I used my spare time to build my folks (and brothers and sisters, nieces and nephews) a new deck by making it wider and longer. Then I added a lower deck. 35x16 for the upper and 38x9 for the lower. I got close to finishing it while teaching them all about construction. I needed at least four more days to finish but I didn't have four more days. The last two weeks have been hard enough. Not 80 related but here is what I was doing...

Nice work! Glad to have you back! :beer:

View attachment 1126043 View attachment 1126044 View attachment 1126045 View attachment 1126046 View attachment 1126047 I got back really late last night. Taking care of my dad who has been diagnosed with bipolar schizophrenia. Too much to deal with so I used my spare time to build my folks (and brothers and sisters, nieces and nephews) a new deck by making it wider and longer. Then I added a lower deck. 35x16 for the upper and 38x9 for the lower. I got close to finishing it while teaching them all about construction. I needed at least four more days to finish but I didn't have four more days. The last two weeks have been hard enough. Not 80 related but here is what I was doing...

Wow! You officially have the biggest deck of anyone I know!

I used my spare time to build my folks (and brothers and sisters, nieces and nephews) a new deck by making it wider and longer. Then I added a lower deck.

Wow! You officially have the biggest deck of anyone I know!

That is a nice deck. Make sure you maintain your deck. MUST WATCH

And thanks for buying from Lowe's, my employer. My paycheck appreciates it. :)

Last edited:
With the help of Delancy and Joe, I was able to reinstall a third member in replace of my leaking original. Pulled the axles, put fresh clean oil in the housing and now it is ready for DD.

IMG_5747.JPG

IMG_5740.JPG

IMG_5741.JPG

I hate HD with a passion.

I worked for them for about a year after I was diagnosed with cancer (needed health insurance and they provided it to part time employees). I had nothing but a good experience with them.

Having said that, the one here in my town leaves a bit to be desired. Bad management.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom