What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (75 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I worked for them for about a year after I was diagnosed with cancer (needed health insurance and they provided it to part time employees). I had nothing but a good experience with them.

Having said that, the one here in my town leaves a bit to be desired. Bad management.

The one closest to me tries REALLY hard to get their rep back that Lowes's has taken for customer service...I can't stroll from one side to the other without having 4 people ask me how they can help...

The one closest to me tries REALLY hard to get their rep back that Lowes's has taken for customer service...I can't stroll from one side to the other without having 4 people ask me how they can help...

Yep. Same here. I can't complain at all about Lowe's. They've been good to me so far. Pay is better than I expected for a retail position and they take good care of their employees. Plus I get a discount so I can buy stuff to build a headache rack for my 80. Just to keep it "tech"...

Headache rack materials purchased with said discount. :flipoff2:

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1440797557.872256.jpg

Took my son fishing with my 80. It was raining so she got to get a little muddy. She liked that. Afterwards we stopped at Scheel's to pick up some lures. When we were leaving a Heep parked next to us. With...wait for it...WHITE nerf bars. My son called it a "poser Heep". And said "Dad, you gotta take a pic next to LC and post it on MUD." Haha.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1440815293.267603.jpg

96 miles of backcountry. Lost lake, saw a old man and his goats who thought I should not be out here. I showed him the map and proved the trail was open to 4 wd. He apologized and was still surprised to see a 4 runner out here:).
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1440826160.966074.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1440826188.399562.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1440826202.553562.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1440826230.802486.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1440826282.073679.jpg

...via IH8MUD app

am still in the middle of putting my dash back together. Ripped it all apart to install my new ignition switch. and while i was in there i fixed the "D" light! and also took out my annoying ABS delete bulb since I bypassed it a long time ago.
pics to follow soon.

am still in the middle of putting my dash back together. Ripped it all apart to install my new ignition switch. and while i was in there i fixed the "D" light! and also took out my annoying ABS delete bulb since I bypassed it a long time ago.
pics to follow soon.

Interested in seeing those pics, I need to do all those things you just mentioned. Except I don't want to pull the dash apart !

Interested in seeing those pics, I need to do all those things you just mentioned. Except I don't want to pull the dash apart !

I will post up some pics in my build thread in the next day or two. Im waiting on a switch to come in so ill wait to put it all back together. its not too bad, just lots of unplugging and remembering where all the little screws go.

So far this weekend, I secured my new exhaust to the frame, I had to make a bracket outta some 1/4" angle iron, to get it secured in the rear... for some reason the hangers that cam on the new pipes only matched the mount behind the cats, the rest were off by 1/2" to over an inch.

Cleaning up the minor rust on the hood now... had a small hole, and some bubbling on one of the corners... waiting for the tiger hair to dry so I can sand/paint.

Took the old girl out wheeling the other night.... man this thing is an unstoppable tank.

Its always nice when you're at the bar, and someone asks about the 80, and then proceeds to tell you his lifted 4runner will walk all over it...

Heh... put your money where your big mouth is :D

Used my Cummins to go pick up another 80. The addiction is strong!
20150829_162438.jpg
20150829_162532.jpg

Took my son fishing with my 80. It was raining so she got to get a little muddy. She liked that. Afterwards we stopped at Scheel's to pick up some lures. When we were leaving a Heep parked next to us. With...wait for it...WHITE nerf bars. My son called it a "poser Heep". And said "Dad, you gotta take a pic next to LC and post it on MUD." Haha.

View attachment 1126422

A buddy of mine calls those Jeep 4x4's "TEA SIPPERS", you could sip tea in them all day because they never get off road, hahhahaha.

Sweet!

Starting all over with the build up now. I think my cat is going to be eating this month :flipoff2:
There are definatetly going to be some re-purchases ;)

Plans Morgan?
Haven't decided on any long term plans for this one yet. I did want a second cruiser for the winter so that my green 80 doesn't get exposed to the salt brine they spew everywhere up here. Initial plans is to swap in a new brake booster, passenger side mirror and wiper arms/blades. Can I still get wiper arms for a 92? I will drive it for a while and determine if another engine swap is on the horizon ;)

A buddy of mine calls those Jeep 4x4's "TEA SIPPERS", you could sip tea in them all day because they never get off road, hahhahaha.

That's funny. We saw an early 90s Range Rover Country LWB while we were driving to go fishing. I passed him on the Interstate (yes, my 3FE can pass other vehicles!) and we both mutually nodded in appreciation. But when I see a Heep I never give it a second glance...unless it is to make fun of it. :)

Changed the oil, filter, and lubed everything. Finally getting around to pulling the front axle to replace the U joints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom