What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fixed my PFran LED's. Great interior light but not the greatest quality build. Had a temperamental rear light, discovered loose wires that were never soldered correctly so took care of that and now it seems to work reliably. It's amazing what a difference this simple kit makes.

Figured out that I think my battery is shot. Had to push start it after sitting just overnight. Yay.

And found something else to fix

Haha!! There's plenty of life left in there!

Any recs for tightening it up? Figured it has a ways to go before it's actually a problem, but it has become one of those "while I'm there" things

Any recs for tightening it up? Figured it has a ways to go before it's actually a problem, but it has become one of those "while I'm there" things

Yep. New tie rod ends. Replace 'em all, not that pricey, and if one's shot, likely the rest are worn. They're not something you want to let go on you, 'cause at best you'll end up in the bar ditch at worst off the cliff.

Count the threads before you remove the old ones, put the new ones in the same amount. Then go get it aligned. You'll be amazed at how much it tightens up the steering. Lube 'em at every oil change along with the u-joints and all the other wee zerks.

I was totally joking around. I personally would order some new TREs- Some of those fancy greasable ones.

I could be wrong here, but my own fear of potential steering problems forces me to suggest replacement. There should be some "swivel like" play, but that "up and down" seems pretty excessive to me.

Made some great headway on my re-wire clean up. Deleted un-used Toyota wires that powered the distributor / coil and smog stuff. Got the new GM fuse box wire with a hot bus in it for more future up grades. The new radio and the 72 watt LED back up now get power from the GM fuse box.

image.jpg

Made some great headway on my re-wire clean up. Deleted un-used Toyota wires that powered the distributor / coil and smog stuff.

What was your method of doing this? Did you take the wires out of the factory harness all the way back to the fuse block and/or emissions computer?

I've been afraid to do the same thing, thinking it'd be nearly impossible without the harness laid out on the shop floor.

Went camping in the Mojave National Preserve. The 60 worked great!
DSCF0019.JPG

That picture looks like he's happy to be out of the cage?

Great Picture, though, I'm jealous...I left the fj60 home to camp I a screened in shelter this weekend...

Cool. Literally <heheheheh>.
Might make a run up that way next week.
Last June 16 my cousin and I finally got our rigs trail-worthy, went up and camped at Animas Forks for a couple days and ranged out from there. I was amazed not only at the amount of snow still there and even more amazed they plow the 4x4 trails. We were unprepared for how cold it was-a good 20* colder than in Durango. I'm looking forward to getting back up there a lot this summer.
I Live in Durango! It would be fun to get a group together in Silverton this summer and explore/ camp!

Tucker

What was your method of doing this? Did you take the wires out of the factory harness all the way back to the fuse block and/or emissions computer?

I've been afraid to do the same thing, thinking it'd be nearly impossible without the harness laid out on the shop floor.

GLTHFJ60......... I too was scared about screwing up the wire hardness. I took the advise from the hot rod guy that fixed alot screws up from my engine guy. He sudjested that I do not remove the wiring hardness but cut eletrical tape that holds all the wires together and peal back the useless wires that powered the smog and other componants that are no longer needed. Then I took these useless wires and made a another wiring hardness of useless wires and then tuck them into a fender. Out of sight and out of mind. But there if in the future if their needed again in the future. Because when is a Cruiser of our caliber ever really Finshed ??????????

image.jpg

As you can see I have tape up the unneeded wire hardness and placed it in a bag for maybe a further use. Hopefully the bag will keep the connectors clean and ready for the future.

image.jpg

Hardness tuck away........

GLTHFJ60......... I too was scared about screwing up the wire hardness. I took the advise from the hot rod guy that fixed alot screws up from my engine guy. He sudjested that I do not remove the wiring hardness but cut eletrical tape that holds all the wires together and peal back the useless wires that powered the smog and other componants that are no longer needed. Then I took these useless wires and made a another wiring hardness of useless wires and then tuck them into a fender. Out of sight and out of mind. But there if in the future if their needed again in the future. Because when is a Cruiser of our caliber ever really Finshed ??????????

View attachment 1082970

As you can see I have tape up the unneeded wire hardness and placed it in a bag for maybe a further use. Hopefully the bag will keep the connectors clean and ready for the future.

View attachment 1082972

Hardness tuck away........

I like that, good work :cheers: I think I'll have to add that to the list next time I have from my front clip apart!!

I decided to install some usb ports and bring my old girl into the 21st century, i picked up the active from the original work lamp plug, which as it turns out give me usb power 24/7 :) win!!

the hardest part of this was drilling the hole in my dash

i have since added one on the other side of the glove box too

That's one clean looking wagon.
Thank you!! It getting a lot of love, getting better every weekend!
Just rebuilt the T-Case.. (Leaking)
Cool Cruiser Kit! And new Output Flanges from Cruiser Outfitters (I would highly recommend doing business with both)
IMG_7238.jpg

That USB port looks great - Do you have a link or vendor/part # to go with it?

Okay update, I found one that looks like your USB port on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111664103145

12V 2 Port USB Car Cigarette Lighter Socket Splitter Charger Power Adapter M025

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom