What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Still in cleanup mode. I spent about $20 and all afternoon yesterday at a car wash chiseling 25 years of gunk off the front axle. Easy Off made quick work of the axle housing, but it only goes so far with the crud suck to the backing plates and around every nut and bolt. The pile of it that I sprayed away in the bay was impressive.

IMG_20150511_192105.jpg

IMG_20150524_144405.jpg

And found something else to fix

And got a bunch of new stuff in the mail this week! Looks like rain tomorrow and Tuesday though, so it might be a while before I get to put the new rotors and calipers on.
IMG_20150522_153829.jpg

Last edited:
Went to Ouray, CO with some friends. Sadly a lot of the passes are snow covered, but we were able to find somefun still. Soooooo beautiful out here.
Were you able to get all the way into Yankee Boy?
I've not been and chompin' at the bit to go.

Were you able to get all the way into Yankee Boy?
I've not been and chompin' at the bit to go.

It's almost all the way cleared. This is at the top. Not saying he had to be winched out or anything.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1432527655.061982.jpg

Black Bear Pass is open both ways from the Telluride side up to the falls. We didn't go up though because my daughter was a tad bit freaked out by the idea.

Cinnamon is open to the top from Silverton. We headed up toward it and stopped at the ghost town. The girls then dragged us to Telluride kinda bummed cause I totally wanted to get up to the top of cinnamon. 20ft snow walls. :( oh well- still an awesome weekend.

Totally saw Aaron Paul up at Telluride at some film festival thing. Pretty sure my crappy cruiser stalled right in front of him. Lol.

Just needs mud flaps! :) looks nice!

It's almost all the way cleared. This is at the top. Not saying he had to be winched out or anything. View attachment 1081941

Black Bear Pass is open both ways from the Telluride side up to the falls. We didn't go up though because my daughter was a tad bit freaked out by the idea.

Cinnamon is open to the top from Silverton. We headed up toward it and stopped at the ghost town. The girls then dragged us to Telluride kinda bummed cause I totally wanted to get up to the top of cinnamon. 20ft snow walls. :( oh well- still an awesome weekend.

Totally saw Aaron Paul up at Telluride at some film festival thing. Pretty sure my crappy cruiser stalled right in front of him. Lol.
Cool. Literally <heheheheh>.
Might make a run up that way next week.
Last June 16 my cousin and I finally got our rigs trail-worthy, went up and camped at Animas Forks for a couple days and ranged out from there. I was amazed not only at the amount of snow still there and even more amazed they plow the 4x4 trails. We were unprepared for how cold it was-a good 20* colder than in Durango. I'm looking forward to getting back up there a lot this summer.

Went to Ouray, CO with some friends. Sadly a lot of the passes are snow covered, but we were able to find somefun still. Soooooo beautiful out here.

It's official. I'm moving out west.

Cool. Literally <heheheheh>.
Might make a run up that way next week.
Last June 16 my cousin and I finally got our rigs trail-worthy, went up and camped at Animas Forks for a couple days and ranged out from there. I was amazed not only at the amount of snow still there and even more amazed they plow the 4x4 trails. We were unprepared for how cold it was-a good 20* colder than in Durango. I'm looking forward to getting back up there a lot this summer.

Animus was really cool. I love all the old ghost towns and stuff out here.

Last weekend was all about welding up the new drivers rear wheel well and this weekend was about camping. Bummed I haven't had time to clean up all the welds but got a bit of time and sprayed with some self etching primer to protect in the interim.

This weekend was about our traditional Memorial Day Camping trip. Of course we got weather, think we have had 2 or 3 yrs we didn't out of 10+, and of course our group bailed on the first day. We stayed through 2 days of rain and hail, and another 2days of it raining off and on. Our new (old) canvas tent got a thorough working and came out great. The weather repellant is a little worn after 20+yrs so will be redoing that soon.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1432600686.223298.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1432600699.221438.jpg

Couple more pictures from on our way back from Ouray, CO

Telluride, CO.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1432600660.735668.jpg

Looking up at Black Bear Pass. You can see Bridal Falls to the left of the big scary Pass. Soooo beautiful.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1432600791.590397.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1432600831.960958.jpg

The Bay of Chickens reservoir near Gunnison.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1432600539.357672.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1432600615.445905.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom