What did you do with you bike this weekend? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, so it’s in every other section so why not here? Thought I would give it a go. If anything the thread can just die out.

Feel free to post up what you did to your bike this weekend!

Adding link to a forum that regularly posts deals for those replacement parts!

I had a hairline crack in the DT SWISS rims and added a bit of duct tape on the inner rim to seal the tubeless last tire change a year ago. :hillbilly:
IMG_5158.png

One to many rock sections and It’s about to go! Spewing a bit of sealant and I think I have got my $$ worth.
Decided to quit pushing my luck as I have a heavy November riding month planned. Threw down way too much on some expensive made in USA plastic. Tearing things down as time permits and moving on.
IMG_5160.png

Last edited:
Is this the bike you will be shipping out to Japan? It's always fun to build from the ground up, bikes are tough sometimes with so many options but you get to know your bike well.
If still piecing it together, I have found this link and forum has some really good deals. Couple members also sell @ a really good price from time to time.

As for progress on the Yeti.
New front wheel assembled and on the SB150. I think I like the looks of the DT's better and damn they took a beating for 5 years. The ENVE carries a bit better warranty and they offer a trade in deal, and at least they claim they are made in UT but probably assembled anyway...
I have been running the same tires since I bought the bike but thought I would try out the newer Assecai front tire. Yeti switched to this a front a few years back and they do extensive testing in area, with the hard pack gravel so thought I would give her a shot.
1697123256008.png

i have been keeping an eye on enve stuff for a while. i’m really tempted to get their carbon gravel bar for my gravel bike. they make nice stuff!!

Is this the bike you will be shipping out to Japan? It's always fun to build from the ground up, bikes are tough sometimes with so many options but you get to know your bike well.
If still piecing it together, I have found this link and forum has some really good deals. Couple members also sell @ a really good price from time to time.

As for progress on the Yeti.
New front wheel assembled and on the SB150. I think I like the looks of the DT's better and damn they took a beating for 5 years. The ENVE carries a bit better warranty and they offer a trade in deal, and at least they claim they are made in UT but probably assembled anyway...
I have been running the same tires since I bought the bike but thought I would try out the newer Assecai front tire. Yeti switched to this a front a few years back and they do extensive testing in area, with the hard pack gravel so thought I would give her a shot.
View attachment 3453780

I‘m actually most likely going to be bringing my single speed with different wheel/tire set for Nippon.

i have been keeping an eye on enve stuff for a while. i’m really tempted to get their carbon gravel bar for my gravel bike. they make nice stuff!!
I really wanted to do their carbon bars too but they didn't have the rise I wanted. Based in UT so I don't mind paying a bit more for quality keeping it somewhat local. The wifey sure is giving me s*** on what i paid lol....

I‘m actually most likely going to be bringing my single speed with different wheel/tire set for Nippon.
Nice, probably a good idea to ride what you know! Man, props to you on the single speed bike, that's not an easy thing to do. I see a older guy in his 70's ride a local track alot with 1200' elevation gain in about 11 miles. I just enjoy the downhill so happy to get take the easy train on the way up!

Well shoot. It isn’t always rainbows and unicorns when you try to do your own work. Stripped both the rear axle and retainer when swapping the rear ENVE. UGH…
Used blue thread lock when swapping the rear cassette last year. Guessing it is a bit much. Got a replacement axle and had a derailleur hanger kit already. Damn….
Looking to drill it out without hitting the swing arm and start gearing up for getting back in the saddle soon.
IMG_5214.jpeg
IMG_5215.jpeg

Nice, probably a good idea to ride what you know! Man, props to you on the single speed bike, that's not an easy thing to do. I see a older guy in his 70's ride a local track alot with 1200' elevation gain in about 11 miles. I just enjoy the downhill so happy to get take the easy train on the way up!

Riding single speed has fundamentally changed my life.

True story.

⚙️⚙️🍄🍄

Riding single speed has fundamentally changed my life.

True story.

⚙️⚙️🍄🍄
Nice, good to hear. I'm in a similar boat. I'm a huge fan of 2 wheels but more transitioned from motor to motor less 5 or so years ago for something I wont bore you with. Amazing it can be so therapeutic both mentally and physically. The lifestyle and people around the sport are generally pretty good folks as well.

Note to self” the derailleur hanger capture nut is not the axle bolt dummy” lol.
Axle ground out after blackout bit snapped inside(hate these things)
Rear wheel on, just need to seal with tubless sealant and go ride!
IMG_5234.png
IMG_5233.png
IMG_5235.png

Last edited:
Looks great! Stoked to see it in person!

Chasing a plastic clicking noise on the front end and got a new set of rental fat bars, from my motocross background, always a good bar to get, with similar rise and rake YETI offers. Love the bars but still getting the click…. More reading and it sounds like it may be the FOX forks. Just missed a 35% off sale from them… damn, could have got the 38’s and went up on the travel length. Oh well.
ENVE rims were amazing. Silky smooth rolling now and felt great in the rocks.
1699214108196.png

Chasing a plastic clicking noise on the front end and got a new set of rental fat bars, from my motocross background, always a good bar to get, with similar rise and rake YETI offers. Love the bars but still getting the click…. More reading and it sounds like it may be the FOX forks. Just missed a 35% off sale from them… damn, could have got the 38’s and went up on the travel length. Oh well.
ENVE rims were amazing. Silky smooth rolling now and felt great in the rocks.
View attachment 3473796

Which Enve’s are you running on that bad boy?

Which Enve’s are you running on that bad boy?
M730's. Figures slightly lighter than the downhill yet well suited to what I ride. I stuck with the 30MM as I don't know much about the wider rims and with the cost didn't think it was smart to jump into the unknown...
They offer a good warranty, local to me(UT) and have a trade in program my DT Swiss did not. So far they feel great! It certainly feels a bit different but I think in a good way. Sunday was a slick rock type trail with a lot of sharp jagged rocks. I rode lines I have never seen before and I have to think these contributed in a good way with handling. These are certainly a big investment and the wifey thinks I'm an idiot lol but they are well know for a reason, hopefully that is outside their ridiculous cost...
Couple things,
- sales are coming(that time of year) but I grabbed these in stock from REI with their 20% full price discount. If your in the market for rims soon, watch that link in post #1. Lots of daily deals starting to come in.
- I didn't realize until I mounted them but they run a patented internal nipple in the rim. I hope this is a good thing... They did feel like they gave a bit on the rough stiff. Not sure if this allows them to give, yet not break on the rim?
- I stuck with the industry 9 hubs as the set were already stupid expensive. Little annoyed by the new free hub sound but I will get used to it. It is loud but helps the bell move people out of the way on the downhill LOL.

So far, happy!!

1699371781571.png

Good deal on Maxxis tires if your in the market! They are a Colorado company I have had good luck with. Sometimes the detail in the product are misleading so do your research!! I have called them for detail and they have good support. If not familiar with Maxxis, you really need to confirm the part number. It can be very misleading and a completely different tire if you don't read the fine print.
~$30 for a tire is a good deal if your willing to change up the compound and make a bit.
Shop now
1699373398221.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom