What did you do with you bike this weekend? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

beautiful :clap:

beautiful :clap:

Installed new IRCs today. 700-42

And a couple of water cages. Kinda done for now. First long ride tomorrow.

IMG_9966.jpeg

IMG_9967.jpeg

Before the holidays, took my old Time Edge Pulse over to a friend of mine who retired and road across the states this year (it was on his bucket list). We replaced all the components on the frame with 11 speed Ultegra (was a 9 speed Ultegra), replaced the handlebars and front stem, then took it out for a spin. Unfortunately, the chain rubs on the first few gears on the big chain ring, so hopefully going to get that addressed later this week. Really need / want a second ride for bad weather. We'll see how this goes.

Time-Edge-Pulse-11-speed-mechanical.jpeg

Some new Sensus grips on both rigs….
Were these recommended by someone you ride with?
Taking a look at them, they seem to be liked by the world cup group and enduro options also. I'm looking for a grip that offers a bit of a softer selection and they may fit the need here. I may have to look into them.

Were these recommended by someone you ride with?
Taking a look at them, they seem to be liked by the world cup group and enduro options also. I'm looking for a grip that offers a bit of a softer selection and they may fit the need here. I may have to look into them.

I think I saw them online and contacted them. Definitely more geared towards the enduro folks. I liked them because they are nice and soft and not too big for my small hands. :)

Got a great deal on a set of Sun Mulefut 80 rims from hays so finally got my 45NRTH WRATHCHILD studded wheels mounted up. Planet Cyclery running a good deal on SRAM so paired up a cheap rear cassette and F/R rotors. And now have a summer/ winter set to get the :princess: out on the fatty in the summer. Man, these tires are amazing. Running 5psi today and it’s a completely different bike.
Forgot pictures other than mounting one up. Wasnt as bad as people make it sound.
IMG_5861.png

Installed a license plate relocation (and light from Rig'd). I've been pulled over a couple of times (once in GA and once in CA- both times in my Tacoma) for license plate obstruction and didn't want the same thing to happen with the LX. No one needs that kind of hassle.
View attachment 3554778
Nice BC40! In that color I thought at first it was a yeti asr (which also was a sweet, simple (except for proprietary bearing sizes), light XC machine.)

Well, I got rid of my SS and converted it to a geared bike for an upcoming 2 week bike packing trip in April.

Sucks converting the SS. I’m so addicted to it. That said, I’ve commissioned a custom SS MTB build for this summer. Excited about that.

In any event, it was a nice day to changeover…

IMG_2614.jpeg

IMG_2617.jpeg

IMG_2618.jpeg

IMG_2626.jpeg

I rode with my 23 yo daughter yesterday. She can shred, so we rode all the technical hard stuff none of my MTB friends will ride. But my bike buzzed and rattled a lot. Not just the usual pedal noises but full on clangy noises. This has been a growing problem on my (wife's) hardtail over the few hundred miles I've ridden it. My daughter -- on her silent-running machine -- looked a little nauseated by the whole scene.

So later in the afternoon I decided to do a deep dive and figure out what was going on. As it turns out, every spoke in my rear wheel was loose. They buzzed loudly as they vibrated against each other on even the slightest hits. I quickly realized that the idiot Nova Scrotan bike mechanic who built the wheelset forgot to final-tension the rear wheel! Doubling down on the idiocy, he cracked open a couple Duvels right then and there on a Sunday afternoon and tensioned it on the bike! Pfucking moron!

So the wheel is now tensioned, quiet and strong ... and about 3mm out of dish. lol. **** it. Time to ride!

Well, I got rid of my SS and converted it to a geared bike for an upcoming 2 week bike packing trip in April.

Sucks converting the SS. I’m so addicted to it. That said, I’ve commissioned a custom SS MTB build for this summer. Excited about that.

In any event, it was a nice day to changeover…
Probably a little late here but these guys have been running good deals on SRAM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom