DUST MOTO F50 midweight E-MOTO bike made in USA adventure (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Haven't been on the MTB a few weeks unfortunately due to being busy but I did stumble on this startup company I made a last minute decision to jump in! More to come on the MTB adventures soon but until then I will start logging some information, I'm allowed to provide, as it comes in. This may not be the best forum to post this in but I know it well and will start here, release date is MAY 2025 and just to tie it into Ih8mud, I will do my best to leave the F-150 @ home and go pick this bad ass bike up in Bend OR in the FJZ80 and strap it on the back to lug it home to CO!!! Who knows, maybe I will have it strapped to the rear of a GX550... This isn't a pedal bike but is a is a full on throttle E-MOTO bike so in my case it will be a mountain bike(FR/Trail), just no pedals involved so I will post it up here since there is no longer a dirtbike section:)
Not IF, but when this bike is made it will NOT be from the infamous Tahara factory unfortunately but the first midweight EMOTO bike made in the USA!

I wont lie, this is a no guarantee adventure, I'm a bit nervous but also more excited! I bought into their Founder50 subscription for a chance to voice my opinion and also a chance to hop on a prototype bike, tucker from @ https://electriccyclerider.com/ is a few hours down the road, so hopefully I will get an invite if a prototype rolls in. It looks like they are also fully in on this adventure. If not I will be engaged and fully in until the 20 month mark for a 1/2 price bike! The Ebike, especially E-MOTO industry is booming and here is our chance to help get the USA into the mix....
I'm in!!
1691804981783.png

Pulled this terrible picture off the web, will work on a better picture when time permits.
1691804941544.png

5 months past and I believe 4 founder 50 meetings later I’m taking a minute to post some progress. Lots of details to be found on their website and instagram with an alpha prototype coming soon. Looking very promising and these guys are legit. The information they are sharing monthly is minor and mostly confidential but they are well on their way to the first working prototype.
Their have been a few adjustments including a slight weight gain and revision of plastics but for the most part they are still targeting a 125 size bike with more power and trail oriented riding.
IMG_5722.png
IMG_5723.png
IMG_5724.png

Plastics of alpha prototype

Parts rolling in 🤤

I can’t wait. If you’re looking for a legit lightweight high quality e-moto I would highly consider this bike. By the time you buy the cheap Chinese bike and add reliable parts you will easily be at the proposed price point of this bike and beyond.

Alpha prototype assembled and a quick sneak peek of a twist of the throttle. Not sure I like the chime but this think seems to be coming together quick and I love everything else about it. The dust founders are working several previews the next couple weeks and rumored to have this bike in the pits at Anaheim 2.

Fully assembled 360 view

1706451460923.png
The alpha prototype complete and the crew has a running bike(actually 2 from the looks of it). The Dust team took the bike out to California for some hands on testing with Josh Hill and Tucker with ECR.
IMG_5825.png

Design, built, test learn cycles and feedback taken in to make adjustments and further improvements. Pretty cool how they are getting as much media out on the bike of their progress.
Further details on the initial specs about 9:28 in.

16 months to go!

Another month down and another founder meeting complete. Pretty simple recap of all the feedback the alpha moto1 prototype. Very minor issues and positive feedback. I dot to sit on the bike when they made a stop in Boulder and I have to say, everything felt great. It is a mid weight e-moto as expected. Fit and finish in person is spot on. I only got a single picture from the rear but it shows how clean and simple the bike is.
Alot of questions on specs for this bike. They are very transparent on the prototype phases and a ton of information on Instagram Login • Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/dust.moto/
You can also sign up for monthly newsletters for keep up to date on progress. Simply send in your email and subscribe on their website.

IMG_5860.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom