What did you do to your truck today? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The return of the infamous "brother's 40". All assembled except for doors (will do post GSMTR prior to towing truck up to DC area).

nik2.jpg
nik1.jpg

Well not much done the last two days. Got the rear bumper put back together, the gas/throttle cable in, dash pad in, all the door panels in, all the glass in except the windshield. It is going in tomorrow. Front valance and head light buckets in.
20160511_173519.jpg
20160511_173506.jpg
20160511_173559.jpg

Sooo close.

Got my hundy back from the paint shop today, bumpers painted back black and sliders on.

That's a good looking hundy
Thank you, sir. I'm putting a new timing belt and water pump in today so she'll be ready to ride for a while. I was surprised the TB still looked new, only has 100,000 miles on it but it's still 16 years old so I was expecting it to show signs of wear. It's been in Arizona since it was new so it's nice to work on something with no rust on it. The only problem so far was getting a skid plate bolt off. Looked like someone made a trail fix and put a larger bolt in one hole. I ordered a new set of 315 tires that should be here Monday. I bought a set of General Grabber AT2's for my last 80 and the ride was so good I bought another set. The BFG KO's still have good tread but they make a lot of road noise. I'm hoping to make it to GSMTR next week, would be nice to meet some of you guys.

loaded the 60 up and drove 200 miles then set up camp and don't plan on doing squat until Monday.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I stopped at Weigel's Friday afternoon and when I came out, the bottom had fallen out of it and it was raining like crazy. I run over and grab my door handle to try and get in without getting drenched and the door handle breaks!! So I'm standing there in the rain trying to pry up what little plastic of the door handle is left. Sheesh.

I took a look at it this weekend and it appeared that gluing it back together might work, so I made an attempt with some super glue. The bond held for about 3 pulls on the handle and it broke again. It seems that what I read in the 80-series tech section isn't too encouraging on these things, so I might try and order a used one and replace it...

I pressure washed the mud from GSMTR off of the 40 last weekend. That's one part of four-wheeling that is no fun.

Got the instrument cluster back in today. All the lights but two work. Should be easy to fix those with no problem.
20160605_190403.jpg

Replaced my broken driver's side door handle. Easy job. Probably took less than 45 minutes start-to-finish.

not much done to Ole Blue this past week. Going this week to get exhaust put on and getting a new water pump put in also. Then a test drive

I haven't technically "done" anything, but I did get in on the group buy for a Prinsu roof rack. I'm looking forward to that.

Got her outside for the first time in three years
20160713_130839.jpg
20160713_130857.jpg
20160713_130908.jpg

Off to the muffler shop tomorrow

Looking amazing. I bet it sounds wicked right now. Did It power out or did you just roll it out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom