Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I probably should've posted here in the first place, sorry for the redundancy. Before & After pic's.

Rig had no lift and was a mall cruiser in it's previous life, never been in 4L.

Had the Spa guys throw on a 2 1/2" OME lift and do all the engine work. I bought these wheels from Bowtiestang, they're 16" standard LC wheels powder coated blk., fenders plasti-dipped. Murf threw on the wheels and had the weights painted black and hidden in the wheel (very cool).

IMG_1025.JPG

IMG_1052.JPG

IMG_2565.JPG

IMG_2569.JPG

Ok So its been almost a year since I got AZDozerFZJ80's 2.5 OME from him. Finally got it installed Yesterday now that the Cruiser is not my daily anymore. Just in case anyone cares. I hate the new app for this site. I can not find anything on it and therefore dont get on here at all anymore.

Hey Professor, Do you only have one rock slider installed?

Hey JJ, what's going on man?

You've got an eye for detail. Yes, I dinged up the passenger side going over a boulder, they took off the slider and forgot to give it back to me (I forgot to ask). They popped out the fender and all is good--I'm getting another from Señor Phil.

Let's meet at the spa and grab some lunch with guys! I'm thinking Friday (no classes)!

Zona

Ok So its been almost a year since I got AZDozerFZJ80's 2.5 OME from him. Finally got it installed Yesterday now that the Cruiser is not my daily anymore. Just in case anyone cares. I hate the new app for this site. I can not find anything on it and therefore dont get on here at all anymore.

Congrats GGF - the brotherhood of CSC does care bout everything Land Cruiser :cool::D
pic?

I have been working on the new Edgestar 63 qt refrigerator (scratch and dent from openboxdirect.com for $277 to my door!:)) The dent was about the size of a quarter and only about 1/4 pushed in which didn't make any difference to me or the operation of the unit. Both Rudster and I jumped on two that LCPhil gave us heads up when they popped up (they go fast!). This fridge/freezer works great and I cant believe the value for the money.

This weekend I made a homemade blanket with Home depot insulation to protect it from direct sunlight while in the vehicle. I also upgraded to some much improved spring loaded metal handles that were sourced online in place of the original plastic ones.

In my 80, I decided I didn't want to go to a dual battery set up and felt comfortable with upgrading my battery to a heavy duty Sears platinum 31 series marine battery (incredible specs!). A power outlet to the rear of the LC was run using a Toyota power port with heavy gauged and fused dedicated source from the battery.
While larger, the 31m fit the OE tray with hardly any issues at all. It took a little trim of the fins on one side of the battery, a new length of aluminum cross bar for the hold down, and replacing the old cable ends with eyelets. Research showed that this particular battery is designed to use either post for primary connection unlike the Optima design. Ready to go ~
outlet.jpg
batt1.jpg
batt.jpg
fridge2.jpg
fridge.jpg

Next is to get the 40 ready for the new fridge: building a custom fridge mount/holder for mounting in place of my passenger seat (ala Stepmurr) when on trips to leave the back open for other gear. I also still need to run a dedicated power source.
No more soggy food or lukewarm drinks here in the desert!

I have been working on the new Edgestar 63 qt refrigerator (scratch and dent from openboxdirect.com for $277 to my door!:)) The dent was about the size of a quarter and only about 1/4 pushed in which didn't make any difference to me or the operation of the unit. Both Rudster and I jumped on two that LCPhil gave us heads up when they popped up (they go fast!). This fridge/freezer works great and I cant believe the value for the money.

This weekend I made a homemade blanket with Home depot insulation to protect it from direct sunlight while in the vehicle. I also upgraded to some much improved spring loaded metal handles that were sourced online in place of the original plastic ones.

In my 80, I decided I didn't want to go to a dual battery set up and felt comfortable with upgrading my battery to a heavy duty Sears platinum 31 series marine battery (incredible specs!). A power outlet to the rear of the LC was run using a Toyota power port with heavy gauged and fused dedicated source from the battery.
While larger, the 31m fit the OE tray with hardly any issues at all. It took a little trim of the fins on one side of the battery, a new length of aluminum cross bar for the hold down, and replacing the old cable ends with eyelets. Research showed that this particular battery is designed to use either post for primary connection unlike the Optima design. Ready to go ~View attachment 912360 View attachment 912361 View attachment 912362 View attachment 912363 View attachment 912364
Next is to get the 40 ready for the new fridge: building a custom fridge mount/holder for mounting in place of my passenger seat (ala Stepmurr) when on trips to leave the back open for other gear. I also still need to run a dedicated power source.
Murf - looking good on the fridge, battery and power outlet. I built the wrap for my fridge but need to get the fuse and wiring - spent Saturday at the SPA and installed an Aussie locker and some 1" coil spacer for the rear to give an inch of lift. Next project is wiring for the power outlet and then eventually the battery but have the solar panel so I may be ok for a while battery wise.

I probably should've posted here in the first place, sorry for the redundancy. Before & After pic's.

Rig had no lift and was a mall cruiser in it's previous life, never been in 4L.

Had the Spa guys throw on a 2 1/2" OME lift and do all the engine work. I bought these wheels from Bowtiestang, they're 16" standard LC wheels powder coated blk., fenders plasti-dipped. Murf threw on the wheels and had the weights painted black and hidden in the wheel (very cool).

View attachment 912010
View attachment 912013
View attachment 912014
View attachment 912015
Truck is looking Nice!!!

Congrats GGF - the brotherhood of CSC does care bout everything Land Cruiser :cool::D
pic?
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1404105071.863610.jpg

For you Murf

...via IH8MUD app

At idle or very low rpms, the supercharger uses the bypass - it kicks in when throttle is used to any degree, thats why the higher temps at highway. when that sucker is spooling up at high revs and for extended periods it generates a lot of heat.

supercharger = that sucker ... :rimshot: classic!

thanks for the chuckle Murf!

re. temps- I am coming to terms with my 190 -198 sort of range...definitely correlated to front and rear AC usage. Without ACs on, temps are a very respectable <190 even with 100F outside. I started thinking about getting one of those Sequoia electric fans to sub for my LC one...but talked myself out of it.

Thanks GGF - lookin good!

Anytime LA ;)

Several of the SC'd guys here in the SW run either the JDM Toyota electric fan or an electric fan. It helps keep air flowing past the condensor and radiator when sitting still in traffic/drivethrough/trailrun during the summer peak.

Finally had a little time to start going through all the fluids on the 100. I also took off the awful rear spoiler that they put on the 2006. It looks so much better without it. I filled the holes with some caps and black RTV. My front CV's are leaking after cranking up the torsions a little. I already have the Slee diff drop bracket. I'm going to try the Pfran McMasters CV clamps and see if it helps. The 80 was jealous so I was able to wash it and buff out some of the deep desert pin striping I received in the Sierra Ancha Wilderness two weeks ago. It was one of the most relaxing weekends I have had in a while. The kids and wife were gone. :)

the HORROR :eek:

I know how to make non-soggy sandwiches :flipoff2:

and even my mother said at some point during her one-and-only Arizona visit when we drove to the Grand Canyon in the open Miata: "I never knew lukewarm water could taste this good" :lol:

its the little things ...... :grinpimp:
0703141821.jpg

Fridge wrap

100_3960.JPG

100_3961.JPG

100_3964.JPG

100_3970.JPG

100_3973.JPG

the drama has got to stop :mad:

new STARTER in:beer:

What did I do this week? A drive up to Sedona... and the remainder of the time watched dust settle on the once really-really clean FJ.

Mental gymnastics -- just going through a thought experiment on a rainy Saturday.

I wonder what the R value of that bubble pack is? My guess is the reflective properties is probably all it gains... and some paints reflect better than aluminum (think of what most heat sinks are made of). -- addendum, heat sinks are anodized - making the surface essentially a coating of alumina, which is highly emissive. Bare aluminum, before it oxidizes, is better than my knee jerk reaction led me ot believe.

Found something very interesting. If aluminum foil is sprayed witha coating of a flame retardant, as some interior insulatation products are - they have an emissivity as low as 0.8, almost as absorbtive as a flat black surface (which = 1.0).

As for R value, a quote from a web site:

Most brands of foil-faced bubble wrap are only 3/8 inch thick or less, and have an R-value of only 1.0 or 1.1. Since the product often costs more per square foot than 1-inch thick rigid foam rated at R-5, why would anyone use bubble wrap as insulation?

POSTED ON MAR 21 2014 BY MARTIN HOLLADAY, GBA ADVISOR
Foil-faced%20bubble%20wrap%20-%20Amazon.jpg

Image 1 of 8
Foil-faced bubble wrap is a thin product that comes in a roll. Its R-value is dismally low.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom