Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dang it @GOLDY , I wish I'd have known. I have an extra drivers side that I got with my 200. Much better though!
Thanks anyway, it's the thought that counts. Now that you mention it, do you have any other spare parts you don't need?LOL.

My FJ has collected an awful lot of dust. Unfortunately, the dust is from normal daily driving. Boise is dustier than Phoenix!!!

Thanks anyway, it's the thought that counts. Now that you mention it, do you have any other spare parts you don't need?LOL.

I have oem suspension parts if you / anyone needs. I don't really need any cash...

Upgraded to an AGM31 battery from a yellow top in anticipation of ditching the dual battery. If anyone wants a custom Optima bracket for a 100 let me know.

Found the mysterious heavy oil leak. Time to replace the hardened cork and while in there, valve adjustment.
View attachment 1323054

Think I found my lost ponies.:hmm:
After buttoning up and sitting at idle I noticed 3 spark plugs bouncing up and down, 2 of which had backed almost halfway out of the head.:doh:

I pulled out an old Smitty rear tire awning I used with a Land Rover I had. I modified it to attach to my rack. It was like $60 when I bought it, takes 3min at best to set up, might be an option for those that don't want to drop big money on an awning.

IMG_0208.JPG

IMG_0201.JPG

Last edited:
Ordered WeatherTech floor mats for front, 2nd, & cargo. Does anyone know of a good/reasonable painter? Would like to paint my FJ80 at some point without spending an arm & a leg.

I buttoned up the ham radio install. Hidden when not in use and I will remove the door when in use.

IMG_6181.JPG

IMG_6182.JPG

Both the 100 and 200 received new White Knuckle sliders.

IMG_6166.JPG

IMG_6167.JPG

IMG_6169.JPG

IMG_6170.JPG

IMG_6171.JPG

I finally had time to chase some gremlins in the 4Runner. I now how a working oil pressure gauge, temp gauge and the dome light comes on when the ds door opens. The odometer quick working last month. I guess the bumpy roads shook the odometer pin out. These little things have been bugging me for some time.

I finally had time to chase some gremlins in the 4Runner. I now how a working oil pressure gauge, temp gauge and the dome light comes on when the ds door opens. The odometer quick working last month. I guess the bumpy roads shook the odometer pin out. These little things have been bugging me for some time.

:cheers:

Sometimes the little things are the biggest nuisances!

Just had an exterior detail done. Had them address the headlights as well. Scott with Showcase Mobile Detailing took care of me. Have been using him for almost 5 years. Great guy if anyone needs a mobile detail guy.

20160926_131605.jpg
20160912_142431.jpg
20160926_131954.jpg

20160926_131616.jpg

Put a new stainless steel battery box in the Piggy, plus a new battery.

Spent the afternoon searching for, and then pulling a brake booster from a mini-truck, for the 40. It is going to be a very tight fit. Also managed to scrounge a couple of 10mm T-fittings for the brake line upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom