Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

From what Ive read, outside insulation on a regfrigerator (good article on Exp portal) doesnt help keep it any cooler. The only effect was when the sun was hitting the unit directly and it lost efficiency. The bubble wrap is really only to reflect the direct sunlight while in the vehicle.
That and dont leave the lid open!

To start or not to start, that is the question. Sounds dramatic to me. A new starter would certainly help relieve the drama... :bounce:

To start or not to start, that is the question. Sounds dramatic to me. A new starter would certainly help relieve the drama... :bounce:

/this\

we knew a dirt route around the I-17 southbound closure tonight :bounce: :steer: after we had inched for about an hour towards Cordes Junction :rolleyes:

Got an early start with my dog this morning to go up to a spot we like to visit about 1/2 way to Payson up the Beeline Hwy. Because she insists on sitting up front, I had to build up the floorboard for her to have a larger platform to command the copilot seat from. Good thing she cant talk about my driving although sometimes I get "the look" when we jounce too much.

Once off the highway, I could immediately tell that it had rained hard there last night. No washouts but was clean and cool at this higher elevation - I bet it was in the low 70's early on. We sat and glassed for a while, then went for a hike where we found a Roadrunner and a new style tire tank. I like the idea of a no-rust untilization of an otherwise junk tire. The tire tank had a cement capped water source to it and a float to keep it full. Also the obligatory escape ladder for small critters. The old, small metal tank about 100 yards from there was taken out.

I like the old stonework for the road overpass/drainage pipe. The old 40's car that sat in that gully for decades was actually gone - there were signs of maintenance and clean up which was nice. Some of the roads we revisited farther in hadn't been driven on for quite some time and had some overgrowth.

714f.jpg
714h.jpg
714j.jpg
0714h.jpg

714a.jpg
On the way home we stopped by Butcher Jones beach at Saguaro lake and walked to the water - wow, the lake level is down form my last visit!
Good to be home and back inside while it is baking outside. Hard to believe that was 10 hours and 40 degrees ago!
714i.jpg
714e.jpg
714g.jpg
View attachment 914630

Murf, the pooch looks like you need to turn that AC up a bit more! :p

We were up in Flag with some friends at our house and he borrowed my car trailer to bring up his '72 Bronco which is a nice uncut piece, but not really up to any serious trails as it stands now, and probably should be left that way. (sorry no pics if your a early Bronco fans)

Took five kids and the wives down Woody Mtn. road 231 to Bear Sign Canyon. Had a couple of Antelope run across in front of us, which I had never seen at that altitude before. And I grew up in Flag and spent many an hour in that area either hunting turkey, dear, elk or gathering firewood.

Past through a big portion of the back burn they did for the Slide fire, and they have all those roads blocked off, which consists of all the roads to the left side as you head south on 231.

Tried using Gaia GPS to no avail on the iPad. Have the Elf GPS dongle on its way. I kept getting a GPS data error. While a promising app, it is buggy. None the less, I was OK on my iPhone and waypointed where we stopped for a picnic lunch.

If you haven't been to this area, you should. Stunning views and many great spots to camp. See the attached USFS raster map. Only about an hour drive from Flag. All FS roads so don't look for anything challenging. Just great views.

Sorry the pics are crappy, forgot the camera at home.

Going to try and make the CSC meeting this month meet you guys and sign up. Just very busy with kids and life in general!

IMG_0438.jpg
IMG_0439.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

Last edited:
100_4033.JPG
Went camping just east of Payson to a place I found years ago. Rained both Friday and Saturday afternoon with some hail Saturday afternoon

Putting the beer in the hydro flask makes for some sure cold beer especially when filling for 40 oz.
100_4032.JPG
100_4009.JPG
100_4004.JPG

Loaded up 5 adults and 3 kids in the 100 and checked out Lockett Meadow. Not as nice as it is in fall but still a beautiful place. Brother in-law pulled a panoramic photo clone trick, he's in the far left and far right of the photo...

Went storm chasing yesterday in the 80, ooooh double rainbow... :lol:

Installed a new Toyota reman starter in the 80 yesterday

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom