What can you tell me about this 1988 FJ62 undercarriage? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
anything notable? anything need work or has been worked on based on these photo? going to take look at it this weekend

20150526_113504.jpg

20150526_113517.jpg

20150526_105335.jpg

Looks pretty good at first glance. The trick is whether you can jam a screwdriver through the frame anywhere, especially at the back between the rear wheels, and in the C channel at the very back sides.

Looks pretty good at first glance. The trick is whether you can jam a screwdriver through the frame anywhere, especially at the back between the rear wheels, and in the C channel at the very back sides.

Doesn't look like he needs to worry about rust, where is the vehicle? Looks pretty original with wet stuff in all the right places.

Doesn't look like he needs to worry about rust, where is the vehicle? Looks pretty original with wet stuff in all the right places.

It's located in Charlotte -- owner claims that there's over 300k miles on it but it appears to be in better condition than that. He also doesn't know if the engine/tranny has been rebuilt or replaced -- just that it runs great and transmission doesn't slip at all. Any telltale signs that would show a rebuild? I really want to dive in but the mileage makes me extremely nervous.

Looks just like the bottom of my 247K mile FJ62. The muffler appears quite sound/solid. My truck was parked, neglected, etc. but the tranny shifts fine. I wouldn't pay super-top-dollar for a 300K mile anything, however.

Looks normal, unless you find something horribly wrong with it or you're looking for a perfectly mint vehicle, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it as long as you realize you're buying a 26-year old vehicle with questionable maintenance records. Give'r! It's part of the Cruiser experience!

Compared to what other guys have had to deal with, your car looks almost new underneath.

img_2940-jpg.960943

looks like the transfer output flange seal is leaking...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom