1988 fj62 h55 conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi I have not posted but have been a reader for years. I have and fj 62 with 275k on it. It’s in very nice original condition and I am either going to sell it or convert it to the manual trans. If I won the lotto, i would send it to get restored. . I am 60 years old and I have had the truck for 20 years I got it from my mom. I would love to keep it and give it to my kids but lice is a bitch sometimes. I am looking for an affordable way to keep her on the road. I am in the Santa Barbara area. Any ideas or resources for doing a trans swap and I know it needs some steering and ball joint work work would be appreciated. happy muddy holidays

Don’t sell it.

Manual swapping is a pain in the behind, but most definitely doable, and is a great alternative to rebuilding the AT.

Lots of guys around here have done it.

If you have the scratch for it, I highly HIGHLY recommend taking it to Valley Hybrids up in Stockton. The owner Georg @orangefj45 is on this forum and is a great guy, his shop converted my FJ62 to the H55F 5 speed a few years ago and it was the best thing I've ever done to that vehicle. They also do other regular maintenance work but their bread and butter is drivetrain work and swaps.

If you have the scratch for it, I highly HIGHLY recommend taking it to Valley Hybrids up in Stockton. The owner Georg @orangefj45 is on this forum and is a great guy, his shop converted my FJ62 to the H55F 5 speed a few years ago and it was the best thing I've ever done to that vehicle. They also do other regular maintenance work but their bread and butter is drivetrain work and swaps.
Thank you for the kind words and support! We’re always happy to hear feedback from our customers!!!!

Yes we can help with a manual H55F conversion or an auto stic replacement transmission.
It’s what we do!

Georg @ Valley Hybrids @ Cruiser Brothers
Shop 209-475-8808
Sales@valleyhybrids.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom