USA FJ40's with wing windows (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

overton

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.myfj40.com
I have this 1983 FJ40 and it's got wing windows. I'm going to guess there are damn few that shipped out like this. I suppose the doors could have been swapped along the way but I'm curious if anyone else has a USA FJ40 with wing windows?
photo 1.jpg

What? I thought they all had wing windows? My 69 does, my father in law's does, I think every LC I've ever seen does...

FJ40-w-top.jpg

My '71 has wing windows.

Wish it had the vent windows on the hardtop side windows, though. Gets stuffy back there.

I thought this was discussed and later on the were just using what was left. Thats why some ended up like this but I could be wrong .

if you mean the wing windows on the doors, yes, I have them, too

if you mean the wing windows in the rear, no, I have a softtop

I'm actually wondering if anyone has another 1983 with wing windows? Would be nice to know. Perhaps this is the only ONE. It's definitely a USA Cruiser. I do think that Toyota was using "parts on hand" to build these at the end of the USA run but no real proof of that. Did anyone ever start a 1983 FJ40 Registry? There was an old thread about this but it's closed now.

I noticed you have the large rear wheel ornaments on your 83. I thought those only came with full floater rear axles?

I don't have them ... But I want a set for sure

These windows with the rounded corners are also know as: non-USA (see; SOR and CCOT) and came with the Cruisers for the General Market. FJ's '72 and later, BJ's '73 and later.
DSC06746.JPG

Rudi
DSC06746.JPG

My '79 has the vented windows in the hard top and also in my doors. I think the doors might be from an early to mid 70's model. My top is definitely original because I just took it off for the first time a few months ago. Mine also has a full floating rear axle with no dash pads. It was imported from Chile back in 2006.
front right.jpg

I thought this was discussed and later on the were just using what was left. Thats why some ended up like this but I could be wrong .

That's what I heard also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom