UPDATED 02/19/2024!!! Huracan Fabrication Tailgate Storage Group Buy starts 02/19/24 and ends 03/04/2024!!! (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Order placed as well. What’s the consensus on installing into a beat up tailgate?

Welcome! Has anyone been able to post in any Facebook groups, Instagram, etc?

UPDATED 09/24/23

Here we go again…another group buy! Please read this entire first post!!

What?
Group Buy for Huracan Fabrication Tailgate Storage for:
60 Series: Available
80 Series: Available
100 Series: Available

When? 09/24/2023-10/08/2023. These are OZ times…so don’t wait until the last day until you know their time zones. ;)

Price? 20% Discount!!!, Free shipping!!

Shipping: The first several orders should ship within a few working days and are shipping from Texas!!

How do you order?

Order from their website with code:
GRABIT20

Please post this to your offroad forums and any social media you get on to ensure we can continue to do these in the future.

Details: Laser cut steel, locks, sound deadener included. Can be black or have marine carpet on it (extra charge for the carpet). All series have 2 latches.

They will ship directly to the buyer from Texas.

These things are legit!!! I don’t think I am leaving anything out, but if you have questions or need clarification please let me know.

Here is their FB page:

With that in mind, Know that I am not affiliated with this company and I am only giving the information which they have given to me. I am just a messenger for Huracan. They were so pleased how the first group, 2nd and 3rd, 4th, and 5th group buys worked so they reached back out to ask if I would do it again. I just want to help the MUD community for all of the info I have found and the times I have been helped, etc.

I encourage you to do your own research on products and vendors and I am not responsible for order issues, shipping delays, etc. Those issues would need to be communicated directly with the vendor, although they have been extremely responsive to any correspondence with the previous group buy and also setting this one up. Customer service has been outstanding IMO.
Really happy with mine for the 80...excellent permanent storage for my soft recovery gear:

I also purchased one and got shipping confirmation very quickly.

Of note, HFab-USA uses DHL to ship internationally and were unable to ship to a PSC (military base). I asked how much it would cost to ship to my UK residential address and their Director, Rhys Cartlidge, said that he would ship it free of charge! Their website states that free shipping is available for the USA, so he didn't have to ship it across the pond to me for free. Thank you for your generosity Rhys!

I also purchased one and got shipping confirmation very quickly.

Of note, HFab-USA uses DHL to ship internationally and were unable to ship to a PSC (military base). I asked how much it would cost to ship to my UK residential address and their Director, Rhys Cartlidge, said that he would ship it free of charge! Their website states that free shipping is available for the USA, so he didn't have to ship it across the pond to me for free. Thank you for your generosity Rhys!
Awesome! They have always been great to work with.

That was quick!

IMG_9996.jpeg

Mine also delivered today to South Texas

I did an install thread for 100 Series. Mine is a 2002 & I chose the marine carpet option.

Does this work ok with the LX and its yuge reverse lights in the tailgate?
I'm a little late here, but, since it was asked...

Putting a Huracan in the tailgate of my 2005 LX470 was the worst mod I ever did on it. The huge reverse lights take up way too much of the available area in the tailgate and they are right in the middle of the larger spaces on either side of the tailgate. The wiring for the reverse lights was also very much in the way. The lights were so bulky and very much in the way. It was basically unusable for anything aside from something like a pair of work gloves. I would never do it on an LX470 again with those big reverse lights in there.

Nevermind how much heavier the tailgate became with just the Huracan alone. It was such a b*tch to open and close. You'll def never want to out anything of any weight in there (not that much fits on the LX470 anyway...) Plus the included hardware they provide to use to help the OEM flap to not get caught when closing the tailgate never worked and promptly fell off making the flap to always get caught when closing the tailgate.

If I hadn't sold that LX and went to an 06 LX, I would've been getting a replacement un-modified tailgate.

Last edited:
Hate to hear this but thanks for sharing your experience as I was contemplating this for my 07 lx470. I have one of these in my 80 and love it.

I'm a little late here, but, since it was asked...

Putting a Huracan in the tailgate of my 2005 LX470 was the worst mod I ever did on it. The huge reverse lights take up way too much of the available area in the tailgate and they are right in the middle of the larger spaces on either side of the tailgate. The wiring for the reverse lights was also very much in the way. The lights were so bulky and very much in the way. It was basically unusable for anything aside from something like a pair of work gloves. I would never do it on an LX470 again with those big reverse lights in there.

Nevermind how much heavier the tailgate became with just the Huracan alone. It was such a b*tch to open and close. You'll def never want to out anything of any weight in there (not that much fits on the LX470 anyway...) Plus the included hardware they provide to use to help the OEM flap to not get caught when closing the tailgate never worked and promptly fell off making the flap to always get caught when closing the tailgate.

If I hadn't sold that LX and went to an 06 LX, I would've been getting a replacement un-modified tailgate.
Thanks for the info. I actually bought one on this group buy for my 04 LX470. I marked out the template and noticed the huge reverse lights right in the middle of everything. Also the center support bracket isn't in the center of the cut so it would have to come out leaving a lot of the new piece unsupported.

Came back to this thread to look for others experience putting in the LX470 and I'm glad I saw your post. Going to skip this mod.

Mine is for sale in Phoenix if anyone is interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom