Twisted Splines (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I know this post is old, and I recently purchased one of these shafts from AJIK, but has anyone actually broken a shaft to prove Landtanks idea actually works?

So far I've bought into the idea, but it would be nice to know that it works as anticiptated. Can anyone with actual experience chime in?

I originally took a shaft the twisted enough the locker wouldn't engage and needed a hammer to remove the shaft, to a shaft that works flawlessly and can be removed with a slight wiggle to re-align the spline using the turned down section. I'd have to say it works very well. That is if any of the above ramblings make sense..

Since AJIK seems to no longer have a page or listing of this where can we get them now?

I've been contacted by a couple of members on this. The guy who was setup to machine these for me has had some health issues and I'm not sure where he is at as far as doing work again.

I'll reach out to him and see how he is doing.

In any case, it might be prudent for anyone wanting this service to get in touch with me as if I'm able to set up this up, now would be the time to get off the fence. It might be the last time I can get this done.

Hi - interesting read. Can the possible assumption be made if a rear elocker isn’t engaging, it could be due to bent axle splines ?

Hi - interesting read. Can the possible assumption be made if a rear elocker isn’t engaging, it could be due to bent axle splines ?

normally its a bad actuator because of rust. get your multimeter and see if you are getting power to it and if so i would take it off and open it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom