Events/Trails Tucson Monthly Meeting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Screenshot_20240112-141917.png

@dumass I just sent you a link to an interview with the guy who started keep our deserts clean.
Thanks!

I don't use spotify either though.. ;)

Maybe you could give the cliff notes? (this really should be it's own thread)

zuckerbook alphabet and the rest of the propaganda wing don't really provide much in the way of real information like X and that's the problem.

Too many good organizations to associate with ones that are the equivalent of "Epstein Island Summer Camp for Kids"....

I realize that's an extreme example, but partnering with the enemy makes one the enemy, follow the money.

Trail "eradication" doesn't help our sport.

I guess when you hunt bad people long enough you become skeptical, having REI as a sponsor is a red flag:

Opera Snapshot_2024-01-12_171747_nitter.net.png

Thanks!

I don't use spotify either though.. ;)

Maybe you could give the cliff notes? (this really should be it's own thread)

zuckerbook alphabet and the rest of the propaganda wing don't really provide much in the way of real information like X and that's the problem.

Too many good organizations to associate with ones that are the equivalent of "Epstein Island Summer Camp for Kids"....

I realize that's an extreme example, but partnering with the enemy makes one the enemy, follow the money.

Trail "eradication" doesn't help our sport.

I guess when you hunt bad people long enough you become skeptical, having REI as a sponsor is a red flag:

View attachment 3531420

So is Dylan a member here?

@blackpearl_yota_

I guess not?

He writes that he is a Toyota guy with a sas taco.

media%2FD7NcAG0X4AE13Sh.jpg

here's a video (I don't use screwtube obviously)

awesome production values 43min long, very professional!!!!

Opera Snapshot_2024-01-12_174344_invidious.fdn.fr.png

watch?v=FrqQSCtViug

Last edited:
So is this our monthly meeting!!!

Sounds great.

Tuesday 4-6 pm?

I'm out i guess :(
I don't know if this will be our club meeting but I was just throwing it out there.

I don't know if this will be our club meeting but I was just throwing it out there.
I don't know if anyone is planning to attend this event?

But, "all 'land-use decisions' are 'political decisions'."

maybe a club January Meeting before or after this?

36ac1b_3af24c9abb3c409d96cf56226f6de4f8~mv2.png

Kettle Restaurant, 748 W Starr Pass Blvd, Tucson, AZ 85713, USA

DATE: January 24th at 6 pm

Whats up guys, its been a while since I've logged in here. Just peaking in to say hey. This year is 20yrs of owning my 80 and it's time to let it go. I'll get a sale thread going soon but if anyone is interested give me shout. I think there's still a link to it in my sig line.

Whats up guys, its been a while since I've logged in here. Just peaking in to say hey. This year is 20yrs of owning my 80 and it's time to let it go. I'll get a sale thread going soon but if anyone is interested give me shout. I think there's still a link to it in my sig line.
I am attached to that rig and didn't even own it. Some of my favorite memories go along with it.

I am attached to that rig and didn't even own it. Some of my favorite memories go along with it.
We've had some good trips together buddy. Its time for me to admit I need to let it go.

Do any Tucson-based Cruiser geeks have a fresh oil plug gasket for a 2f motor you could spare? Alternatively, I'd welcome any recommendations for a non-OEM option that might be fetched from a local parts store. I'm trying to finish up an oil change on my FJ60 today or tomorrow (March 1-2). Thanks in advance.

Do any Tucson-based Cruiser geeks have a fresh oil plug gasket for a 2f motor you could spare? Alternatively, I'd welcome any recommendations for a non-OEM option that might be fetched from a local parts store. I'm trying to finish up an oil change on my FJ60 today or tomorrow (March 1-2). Thanks in advance.
Too bad Merles isn't Merles anymore and bought out by Napa.
But If William still works there he can hook you up. 520-297-1566

Have you checked with Precision or Desert Toyota parts department? They are pretty common and were used in multiple cruiser engines over many years.

I do have half a bag of fiber gaskets somewhere, but I haven't used a new one in so long I can't find it. I haven't used a new gasket in years - as long as you don't over-torque the drain plug the fiber gaskets are nearly indestructible and won't leak on reuse. Just clean all the dirt off it and slap it back on.

Worse case you can always use oil proof rtv, but it will be a big hassle cleaning it off for your next oil change.

Last edited:

Too bad Merles isn't Merles anymore and bought out by Napa.
But If William still works there he can hook you up. 520-297-1566
Thanks. I called and chatted with William. I've already ordered some OEM fiber gaskets. The best NAPA could get me was a plastic gasket that would need to be send down from Phoenix, so I passed.

Have you checked with Precision or Desert Toyota parts department? They are pretty common and were used in multiple cruiser engines over many years.

I do have half a bag of fiber gaskets somewhere, but I haven't used a new one in so long I can't find it. I haven't used a new gasket in years - as long as you don't over-torque the drain plug the fiber gaskets are nearly indestructible and won't leak on reuse. Just clean all the dirt off it and slap it back on.

Worse case you can always use oil proof rtv, but it will be a big hassle cleaning it off for your next oil change.
Oh, this is good to know. I didn't check with Precision, as I just figured they'd have to order it. I may have saved a step by simply ordering them directly from a parts dealer (and paying for shipping). Trying to avoid RTV. I'll inspect the condition of the gasket that's currently in use and reuse it if it looks good. Thanks.

Thanks. I called and chatted with William. I've already ordered some OEM fiber gaskets. The best NAPA could get me was a plastic gasket that would need to be send down from Phoenix, so I passed.

William is awesome. When Merle still owned it, he would send one of his parts runners to Precision to grab an oem part when I was in a
bind on a Saturday and have it on will-call at the Oro Valley store to pick up. So sad to see that customer service go away from a Mom
and Pop to corporate.

William is awesome. When Merle still owned it, he would send one of his parts runners to Precision to grab an oem part when I was in a
bind on a Saturday and have it on will-call at the Oro Valley store to pick up. So sad to see that customer service go away from a Mom
and Pop to corporate.
GPC, the corporation that bought Merle's, has done nothing but run Merle's off a cliff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom