Travelling Cruisers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks,

Johnny Bee, if you ask for advice, I wouldn´t recommend building a rig like ours, unless you already own a 80ty and a 45 Cruiser, have to much money and time and are very skilled to do most works youreself and enjoy doing this. :D
Otherwise ...... :flipoff2::wrench:

don´t say I haven´t warned you....:hillbilly:

Aww soenke, Thats not what i wanted to here. :frown:
But thanks.
Maybe i will come acros a great deal on a 80 because I like building things, almost more than I like to drive them. I also have some good resources on hand and im a pretty good welder in order to make this happen. :wrench:

Thanks again... :D

Awesome truck you have built! also this is one of the best Expidition threads. Great pics of so many locations. Great tech on the build-up. Your travels are inspiring and bring the natural beauty of earth to the rest of us. THANKS. Could you list some of the many places you have driven this truck? Will be watching for more of your adventures.

Thanks,
with this truck we have just been to Sandinavia and Iceland. It´s still under construction..:wrench::hillbilly:

with the older rigs we have been around Europe mostly Scandinavia and Island too and in Afrika, travelling the Sahara countrys and East and Southern -Afrika...

But the Sahara is becoming more and more dangerous and complicated to travel ...:frown:

Last edited:
got the Sankey trailer on the road meanwhile ...

it will be used for working around the house rather then travelling or serious off-road driving. To do so, we´ll have to lengthen the draw bar first

but driving autobahn I don´t even notice the little thing behind :D

2171826.jpg

2171828.jpg

i am going to guess 1/4 mil to build that truck the way it is...

and worth every penny spent.

if you built it for less then i would say you did very well. the number of "one-off" parts is amazing.

once again, congrates on a one of a kind ride.

if you built it for less then i would say you did very well. the number of "one-off" parts is amazing.
Most of the one off parts I've seen are simple machining and body work.

I'll reiterate that I like the overall design. It's at the top of my list for what to do with my mini truck when I get the time.

annex track we call in oz,every caravan,mobile home has it,it is the method we use for awnings,very common,it has a piece of rope sewn inyo the edge of the canvas,very effective

Soenke, where is this place, near to Kiel???

Nice pics, Vielen Dank!

:beer: Prost! :beer:

I just came across you cruiser for the first time and I must say that it is the best mix of new and old that I have seen. You have a fine vehicle.

I would love to see some video of this truck running and the pop up camper in action. Do you think you could post one on YouTube?

Hey Soenke, so many people are very interested in your ride, ever thought about building some more and sell it? I don't think that I could afford one, but lots of other people might. Something like Icon does, keep the legend alive!

Hey Cruiser, sorry don´t have any videos

Hey Jonny,

I don´t think we would make any money, it´s just to much work to pay for
even regarding that the next J4/J8 would be quicker to build knowing how to do it..

and I am not shure if there are many more weird people like us spending so much time and money for a car..;)

but if someone really want´s the Toyo ... try me :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom