Toyuzu Fj60 (Rootbeer Diesel Build) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks awesome. I went through all the HVAC components and gave it a good cleaning and resealed the gaps with 1/8 in foam tape from the hardware store. Nice tight fit.

One observation. The LineX type material you have on the body, did you stray that stuff around where the door seals will sit? I'm concerned water will leak pass if you're in rainy weather.

Looks awesome. I went through all the HVAC components and gave it a good cleaning and resealed the gaps with 1/8 in foam tape from the hardware store. Nice tight fit.

One observation. The LineX type material you have on the body, did you stray that stuff around where the door seals will sit? I'm concerned water will leak pass if you're in rainy weather.

Yes the Monstaliner is sprayed all the way up to the pinch welds in the door areas and the window seals. I talked to "Reevesci" about his build, and he said that he didn't have any concerns. I think it will be alright, but thanks for the concern and I will definitely keep an eye on it. Thanks again sir.

So I'm having some issues with my steering. With the diesel motor sitting where it is, I had to put a half inch spacer between the frame and steering box. This is so the steering box wouldn't make contact with the AC compressor. Now the stock steering column will not fit due to my F-250 shock towers. Here are some pictures to help with visualizing my predicament. One with the old steering column knuckle and the other with a Borgeson steering knuckle. The only problem is getting a new shaft made with the right spline count and still having a collapsible steering column. Do any of the mud members see a problem with running a Straight Shaft and not having the collapsible section?
20160312_165932.jpg
20160312_165959.jpg

Among obvious conditions like body to frame roll/twist I see the torque of the diesel engine adding to torsional twist. All be it slight, but present. Can you cut and weld the collapsible section to the new joint and lengthen the shaft and sleeve it? maybe @boots4 has some input.

Among obvious conditions like body to frame roll/twist I see the torque of the diesel engine adding to torsional twist. All be it slight, but present. Can you cut and weld the collapsible section to the new joint and lengthen the shaft and sleeve it? maybe @boots4 has some input.

I've looked at it and that will not work. The collapsible portion that moves is only about 2.5". Not sure if that even makes a difference or not. Hopefully someone else might have some input. Thanks for the reply.

Do these heater hoses look right so far? The blue hose is coming from the thermostat housing
20160315_184108.jpg

Yep.

Finally got the fuel filter in and for the last time. Got the lines ran and clamped down.
20160317_154504.jpg

Your swap will be worth the wait. I have been driving mine for a week now, SO MUCH TORQUE!!!!

Are you running an Isuzu motor? Post some pics of your engine.

I had the pleasure of meeting Cruiser Jimmy today. Jim it was awesome talking cruisers with you and finally good to put a face with a name. Your 60 is very clean and thanks for the ideas you gave me on my build. Maybe one day we can wheel together.

And you sir are doing a meticulously great job on your rig. A lot of engineering going on with stuffing an Isuzu engine in her. Great to see her in person and meet great Mudders. Hope you get her done for GSMTR.

Got the gas tank in, slave cylinder bracket done, steering finished, rear heater hoses in, and the rear passenger doors one. Started working on dash wiring. What a nightmare. I hate wiring. Also started one a few small items as well.
20160411_115519.jpg
20160411_095611.jpg
20160411_175803.jpg

That color scheme looks awesome man. Fine work.

Thanks Johnny. There will be some more satin black going on it for sure

Did you manage to sort out the steering column? I think its worth the effort to make it collapsible...

I drove a vehicle without a collapsible for a short while and it was always lingering in the back of my mind that it would impale me if I got in a big enough accident.

Yes, cut the section apart that had the slip portion and made a sleeve for the end. TiG welded a splined section in it that fits my new Borgeson adapter.

Looking very good!

Thanks Doug. Doing a little fighting with the heater hoses at the fire wall right now. Also the wiring for the dash.

Looking good Ryan. One little sidenote, pay attention to the fuel filter your first couple hundred miles, you might have to replace it or clean it out pretty frequently. After a few years of sitting my gas tank had a lot of nastiness in it. The fuel filter started to clog up after it worked all the crud loose. Of course this is all negated if you cleaned it out before putting it in storage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom