Throttle won't open 100% (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So here's a question for you: according to my ultraguage the most my tps will register is 70% with the pedal to the firewall. The performance lately has been super sluggish and the trans will not kick down like I think it should. Should I be seeing 100% throttle open when I have my foot down ? Do the cables get stretched out and need adjusting ?

What year is your cruiser. Mileage?

Do you have too many layers of floor mats/insulation under yur pedal?

FWIW,

I have tested mine and it shows 10 at idle and 75 at WOT.

Just checked mine, 12 & 77.

It hasn't been run in several hours and the coolant temp is 122F, should I be concerned? :hillbilly:

So here's a question for you: according to my ultraguage the most my tps will register is 70% with the pedal to the firewall. The performance lately has been super sluggish and the trans will not kick down like I think it should. Should I be seeing 100% throttle open when I have my foot down ? Do the cables get stretched out and need adjusting ?
Mine was very sluggish after one of my trips. What I found that the pwr button on the transmission was not pushed it. It made a huge difference in the shifting points and rpms.

Mine was very sluggish after one of my trips. What I found that the pwr button on the transmission was not pushed it. It made a huge difference in the shifting points and rpms.

WINNER !! I forgot when we went down to KS rocks the other day I had the 2nd gear start engaged so I could run 2LO. Forgot to hit the power button when we left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom