The thread I never thought I'd start... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This looks pretty friggin' clean to me. Just enough leaks to keep things from getting crusty. You seem to have some extra stuff on the right side of the motor that I don't have on my 97. Something called a "pair valve" or some such nonsense. Not sure about that.

In any case, it looks like she will clean up nicely. Knuckles are leaking past the felt seals so at least you know there's grease in there. May want to do the knuckles before hitting the road, assuming the rest of the systems are OK.

I highly recommend the road trip. We had to plan our trip back around winter storms in Feb so some sights were bypassed and/or cut short, but we had a blast and ate very well.

The EGR won't be there for long. It will be one of the first things to go once I get it back to Iowa.

There is a click on the passenger side birf so it will be getting replaced while in doing the knuckle seals. Will do the wheel bearings and everything else while I'm in there.

Hmm, this thread makes me think of the first 80 series I ever rode in. Living up here in Canada we didn't get FJ80's or FZJ80's, we only got the LX450. Well the LX's were either to expensive or to rusty. My Dad ended up buying a 1996 3x locked FZJ80 in California, sight unseen, for about $9,000.00 Canadian. He flew down there and drove the thing back up here, I think I was about 10 at the time and I wished I could have gone with him so bad. I grew to love that vehicle, then one day a moose decided to step in front of it on the highway.:(

The only consolation was the $11,000 check the insurance company gave us.

So I say fly down there with your son, and make a road trip out of it. And don't worry about the HG or PHH, just drive, you will get home.

Sounds like an awesome trip, but I'm pretty sure we had FJ80's in Canada, as well as LX450's.

Take the trip! Some of my best memories with my Cruisers were from the trip to collect them and bring them home!

I coached my son's baseball team. They were the Cougars (same as the high school team they would all go to). A couple of the divorced moms were hot to trot. They had tank tops made that said "I'm a Cougar" on the front with their son's name and # on the back. They were popular with the dads. Not so much with the moms...

Unless there's a cougar involved

Found visors, seat belts, ECU.

Ordered steering wheel leather cover from Wheelskinz.

She's going to get a full paint job. I finalized what color I'm going to go with.

I may have to go rattle can pink!

Just talked to my buddy about painting the whole thing. Even with the "cool guy discount" it might be cost prohibitive right now.

Might just do the fenders and good to match the rest of the truck. Then remove the roof rack, patch the holes, and rattle can the roof white. Maybe do the hood matte finish...

Based on what the seats look like it must have been by a pack of homeless Pumas!

We picked up a saturn 4 door a few years ago as a beater and for the kids to drive (recent licensees).

Bought it from an acquaintance so some history (they were the 2nd owner, again, for recently licensed daughter). The original owner had a dog - unknown breed, but the results were clearly on the headliner and front visors (both cloth).

We figured the dog was likely a close relative of Cujo... (Cujo (1983) - IMDb)

cheers,
george.

We picked up a saturn 4 door a few years ago as a beater and for the kids to drive (recent licensees).

Bought it from an acquaintance so some history (they were the 2nd owner, again, for recently licensed daughter). The original owner had a dog - unknown breed, but the results were clearly on the headliner and front visors (both cloth).

We figured the dog was likely a close relative of Cujo... (Cujo (1983) - IMDb)

cheers,
george.

Haha. It was pretty funny when the guy told me the seats were "pretty good, the drivers seat needs repaired but I took it to a guy that would fix it like new for $60." I just chuckled. All I could think was "23 years and 310k there is ZERO chance that seat is even held together anymore!" And sure enough it isn't.

That's ok. I'm going to get cloth seat covers from @FloridaFJ80.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom