The box build up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I wonder if it grounds out more things or not. I'll try to figure out more tonight.

And the injection idea is just something that keeps popping up on my mind. I'm still going to go the route of desmogged for sure as I don't have emissions testing here.

I'm not trying to have a 2f double power or pass everything that moves on the highway, just making it a simple weekend wheeler.
My experience with a carb'd yota was an 84 truck 22r that stalled on hills (I miss my 85 4runner haha)

I'm not trying to have a 2f double power or pass everything that moves on the highway, just making it a simple weekend wheeler.
My experience with a carb'd yota was an 84 truck 22r that stalled on hills (I miss my 85 4runner haha)

In that case, Johnny's the man ( @GLTHFJ60 ). He'll be able to give you good insight on the capabilities of the Aisin carb in extreme off-roading situations...he's got a 4bt in his 60 now, but I'm sure he's got plenty of stories from when it was a 2F, as well...

I'll keep you in the loop if another discussion about this EFI/volumetric efficiency/performance pops up again (there are a couple of guys in the last few months who seem to be driving at the same point), but one thing I'm considering is using one of these to measure overall performance as a result of modifications...it's a gtech-pro onboard dyno:
http://www.gtechpro.com/

as far as i've seen with on board dynos, they'll give you a nice idea of where its at, but the numbers would be crazy off. but thats a cobb accessport v3 on an 06 sti [car dyno'd at 262whp and the cobb ap showed 350ish]

and with @GLTHFJ60, how is it with that 4BT? theres a few 4bt on craigslist from time to time here.

Last edited:
The Aisin model carburetor is an excellent unit. I only have experience with that carb on a 2F (no webers or anything) but it seemed to do well on hills. At the end of the day it's still a carb and it will stall at a certain point. Mine only stalled when my grill was pointed (more or less) at the sky, or when the door was pointed (more or less) at the ground.

The 4BT is a whole other animal. It won't hardly ever stop, to the point that I can do most difficult trails at idle. It's insane. I love it.

The 4BT is a whole other animal. It won't hardly ever stop, to the point that I can do most difficult trails at idle. It's insane. I love it.
i've wheeled a 5.9 on 35s before and a little bit with my 6.0 [when it ran]
i love the low end of diesels. i don't have the place, tools, or money right now to even think of doing a swap though :(

Update, replaced the fuel pump. Now it doesn't leak... But now there's no fuel in the carb and it's driving me crazy haha

:D That's hilarious. And so true. Fix one thing and another pops up. Ah the fun of owning a 20+ year old vehicle.

I love it haha I'll figure it out soon. I'll check if it's pump related, something carb related, something completely different related.

Update, replaced the fuel pump. Now it doesn't leak... But now there's no fuel in the carb and it's driving me crazy haha

Any chance you accidentally switched the fuel pump lines around during re-installation, so that the pump is pumping fuel down the incorrect line?

Any chance you accidentally switched the fuel pump lines around during re-installation, so that the pump is pumping fuel down the incorrect line?
At first yes but I swapped em around. Do these fuel systems need primed?

At first yes but I swapped em around. Do these fuel systems need primed?

I've replaced a couple FJ60 fuel pumps and not primed them...mainly out of blind ignorance...but both times, i re-installed correctly the first time and they were able to draw fuel in and send it onwards without a prime...I don't know if starting up after re-install without priming causes unnecessary damage, though...

In your case, since it is possible that air was getting pumped down lines, you might consider priming.

How would you go about priming the fuel pump?

sorry, no update this weekend. should be a lot more coming up though. i have it planned that sometime after the first, the box will be dropped off at toyota finally haha

and i'm going off what my vdub buddy suggested when it came to priming the fuel system. he'd throw fuel into the pump down the lines then feed the carb a little bit of gas to get all the air out of the system. kinda makes sense to me, as thats how diesels are [wont run if air is in the lines]

Not an update, but kinda cool.
My buddy came back stateside after 3.5 years in Germany, and by some random chance in hell, just bought himself an fj60 haha
Guess the beauty of these Japanese tanks pulls em in as he's a bmw guy. I'll throw photos up in an hour

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412294428.101722.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412294446.658819.jpg

I'm trying to get those bumpers haha

I have an 86 22r carbureted pick up. It never stalls even on the baddest hills. It's all about the tune. I think the stock aisin in on the 2f is a perfect carb, provided it is in good working order

I have an 86 22r carbureted pick up. It never stalls even on the baddest hills. It's all about the tune. I think the stock aisin in on the 2f is a perfect carb, provided it is in good working order

i know nothing really about carbs haha im still learning little by little. i thought about going weber for the fact it's not a smogged carb, and block all the other emissions bs off. thats how the green bastard my buddy just bought is set up, and it runs like a top.

ive seen that green 60 on Craigs list. Did u buy it?
My buddy wade did, mechanically, it's pretty sound and got pretty good power. It's got some bad rust though

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413666616.575591.jpg

Finally update time
Moved the box with the help of the green bastard, now prepping it to move to toyota tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom