Slow Release Tailgate Lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone here looked into a slow release tailgate setup for the 80?

There is an aftermarket tailgate soft release that incorporates a small shock set up, saw them available for Fords and Chevys, but nothing for a Landcruiser. I forget the name of the product just now, was discussed a year or so ago.

Seems like one of the models could be made to fit as the tailgate design of our 80's appears similar to most others.

I think so too. Does anyone know which would be similar to a Landcruiser?

Any of these might work :flipoff2:

5_50lb_rubber_hex_dbell_set_with_rack.jpg

I actually own a complete set of TDK dumb bells as shown in the photo. The tail gate just doesn't have a very good (ergonomic) way to grab it particularly when one hand is full, once it slips it's gone. When I rented a Ford Escape the automatic hatch came in very handy, just swipe your foot under the bumper and the hatch opens.

Bump to see if anyone has tried this. Not sure if a strut will fit on the land cruiser tailgate...

mcmaster has all the parts you need to put something together to make it work,

McMaster-Carr

Thanks...

the fj55's in stock form used a torsion bar in the lower crevasse to make the tailgate "assisted" when lowering and lifting. A real cool setup actually and works very well. It would be very cool to design something like this for the 80 series. Might be alot of work though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom