Show off your 100 beast with 35's..... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

One more pic - from her good side...

IMG_6311.jpeg

Proportions look great!
Are these the zero or +25 offset method NVs ?
0 offset confirmed! Did some more pinch weld grinding, pushed the upper fender tabs in annd up angainst the fender, and heat molded the upper fender lining to be a little more flush with the fender. Also extended the front bump stops maybe half an inch. Still gotta do some flex testing but no more rub when turning or hitting speed bumps exiting the parking garage.
IMG_0034.jpeg

0 offset confirmed! Did some more pinch weld grinding, pushed the upper fender tabs in annd up angainst the fender, and heat molded the upper fender lining to be a little more flush with the fender. Also extended the front bump stops maybe half an inch. Still gotta do some flex testing but no more rub when turning or hitting speed bumps exiting the parking garage.View attachment 3594457
Thanks for getting back to me

Would love to see some pics from different angles once you get in dialed in - May take some driving, adjusting, driving, adjusting but it looks like you’re heading in the right direction

Deleted

Last edited:
How has been steering rack reliability for people who have been on 35s for longer time?
I always heard that the rack is not particularly happy with the larger tires. I am up both for new tires and new rack and 35s do indeed look mint and would be helpful for the trails we have around, where there are lots of Patrols on 35" and lots of lumber trucks so often the ruts are a challenge on 33s.

How has been steering rack reliability for people who have been on 35s for longer time?
I always heard that the rack is not particularly happy with the larger tires. I am up both for new tires and new rack and 35s do indeed look mint and would be helpful for the trails we have around, where there are lots of Patrols on 35" and lots of lumber trucks so often the ruts are a challenge on 33s.
Well it's not crazy long term but I've got 2 years on the 35s now and so far so good. I'm sure the rack will give out at some point now though with 435k on it 😅

Screenshots_2024-04-08-20-32-55.png

Our steering racks don't typically die, their seals start leaking because there isn't enough cooling for the fluid. Flushing it regularly should improve its life

Updating on clearing the 35s 0 offset.
I just wheeled and flexed as much as it will go so I am finally happy to share.
I am sitting at 21.5 in the front and 23.75 in the rear currently
1. Pinch weld as far back as I could cut
2. Extended OEM front bump stops by .75 inches. Some washers and some welding.
3. Rear of the Front fender (slider side) folded in .75-1 inch.
4. Rear OEM bump stops extended .75 inches with spacer
5. Cut 1 inch off rear BIO bumper where it was rubbing on stuffage.
6. Clearing windshield washer fluid container w/o any trimming

IMG_0311.jpeg

IMG_0120.jpeg

IMG_0122.jpeg

IMG_0061.jpeg

IMG_0310.jpeg

Last edited:

View attachment 3613533

View attachment 3613534

View attachment 3613535

View attachment 3613536

View attachment 3613538
Nice, thanks for sharing. Do you know your caster? Imagine if you push the wheels forward you can further clear your rear fenders on the front. Might start touching the washer fluid reservoir but that’s pretty manageable.

Nice, thanks for sharing. Do you know your caster? Imagine if you push the wheels forward you can further clear your rear fenders on the front. Might start touching the washer fluid reservoir but that’s pretty manageable.
I am not sure the caster but it's in range for factory alignment due to the correction in the dobinson control arms. I've already folded in the fender so all is good now but could be a good option for others

View attachment 3613533
Crazy how much articulation we get in the back isn't it???

Crazy how much articulation we get in the back isn't it???
Yes it's epic! Running icon 2.0s and extended sway bar links now which is helping. They are a little bit longer than OME I was running before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom