ROTW: Marmaduke HJ61 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks guys. Hopefully I will have and update on the truck before spring. I purchased an HJ60 with a 5spd to swap out the auto (and install the toybox I have on the garage floor!) and I have an exhaust brake to go on. Should be a busy couple of months!

Not sure as I never inquired about it.

I am not sure you get a significant upgrade if you go with the 80 series birfields?? And I believe (at the time anyway) your steering options were limited by using 80 series knuckles. Not sure if that is still the case.

I am not sure you get a significant upgrade if you go with the 80 series birfields?? And I believe (at the time anyway) your steering options were limited by using 80 series knuckles. Not sure if that is still the case.

I know they will throw on any knuckle balls you want, but I should have worded my post better. I meant 80 series rear FF outers so as to retain the disk service brakes and drum parking brake.

The 80 series birfs are a bit bigger and should therefore be stronger than the 60 series stuff. Tough thing is finding high steer for the 80 series knuckles.

Very nice rig! I have an 88 H61in need of some mods. Question about the old ARB bumper, you said that you had retained the PTO winch. Did it jut fit or was there some modification required to mount the ARB. Do you have any pics from that era?

Thanks.

you have to modify the bumper, Cut the round tube cross member and redo the fairlead hole. If memory serves me.

Sorry, no old pics.

Thanks, I got home from work early and took the old bent bumper off today! Until my 4 year old started helping Maybe she will be a wrench monkey. :wrench:

Any chance you have that bar to sell?

Last edited:
the dude...since i drive my 1989 hj61 last year your marmaduke is my refference...nice rig... i laready finish building up the engine now in mission to build the interior...can you share the sketch diagram how you install the 12v (3rd battery) and how control the charging of the 3rd battery. tq

Marmadukes24V-12Vwiring.jpg

i need a bit more guidance as this is my 1st time playing with solar panel.... ok the solar converter is it solar charge controler? .... the 12v switched and 12v constant (is this the converter 24v to 12v) and last one..... along the red line at one end is the keyed 24v where the red line end?... tq for ur help for beginners like me...

now the hardware i have is

1) solar panel
2) solar charge controller 12v 10 amp
3) dc to dc 24v to 12v 20 amp
4) 90 ah sealed battery

Opened. Bumped.

Thanks Rigger!

Marmaduke is getting a long needed lowering. With all the additions over the years the "Duke had gotten too big and too heavy. All the bumpers are gone, drawer system is gone, leaf springs are gone. It redo time.

From this:

71f150ff.jpg

To something like this:

7c0d75bd.jpg

Back to a bigger tire, lower suspension, nicer armor and aluminum if possible.

Everything is getting ripped out, fixed, and replaced if needed.

back end is cleaned out. I have 12" of wheel well in the back and 10" up front. Next up is removing the flares and the steering junk up front. Then out comes the axle and spring!

f8748d6b.jpg

sitting at planned ride height. 22" to the frame on the front and 23" at the back. Optimistic I know, but we will try.

7ba3ce70.jpg

poser shot with the wheels rolled up.

bb3df6fb.jpg

it's tight under there.

9ed1efdd.jpg

Truck went up to 23.5" inches at the frame last night. It's just too tight with the design of the frame. I need to get the engine/frame higher and short of cutting the frame, I need to lift everything up.

It's still 4" lower then it was. I hope I can stay at this height. It just means I need bigger tires to fill the wheel well...

At the new height:

5fa7ac2d.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom