ROTW: Brokenparts FJ-60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not trying to bag on it or anything.
Either way, its gonna be a cool continuation to an already cool ass build.

Look forward to seeing it.

TREE HUGGER!

:flipoff2:

Quite a jump to the BB! I often wish I would have jumped to an 8.1 vortec, but then I would have just gone with a Dmax. I'm sure you'll love the low end.

Propane is good, but TBI, especially the EBL has some advantages, by setting , timing, rpms, AFR etc...

You got the EBL parts, Run EM! :D if you want a 454 throttle body I'll give my extra one.

Hell, if i had the $$$ I'd go up there and tune it for your, my little bro lives in beaverton & i need ot get up there to visit him.

I definately love the BB, make sure you leave enough clearance to be able to remove the valve covers!

Quite a jump to the BB! I often wish I would have jumped to an 8.1 vortec, but then I would have just gone with a Dmax. I'm sure you'll love the low end.

Propane is good, but TBI, especially the EBL has some advantages, by setting , timing, rpms, AFR etc...

You got the EBL parts, Run EM! :D if you want a 454 throttle body I'll give my extra one.

Hell, if i had the $$$ I'd go up there and tune it for your, my little bro lives in beaverton & i need ot get up there to visit him.

I definately love the BB, make sure you leave enough clearance to be able to remove the valve covers!

DOH!!!!

I know I know.... Propane just seems easier.

Wait somebody is giving away a 454 throttle body??? I am in need!

DOH!!!!

I know I know.... Propane just seems easier.

Geeze your starting to sound lazy ;) You already have the part$$$$, the TBI is really not that much work. If your planning on building the motor (you should to around 550hp if you ask me :D) I'd go with TBI. Hang on to your parts and use the propane to get it going, then when your ready throw it all on, go to town! I'll give you my big injectors also which would work great with the extra cubes you got.

Wait somebody is giving away a 454 throttle body??? I am in need!

If you are planning on putting it on a built Big Block and Zack want to pass, I'll extend the offer. The BB TB isnt a good upgrade on a stockish 350, I wouldn't use one unless I was planning on 350hp+. What sort of project do you have?

If you are planning on putting it on a built Big Block and Zack want to pass, I'll extend the offer. The BB TB isnt a good upgrade on a stockish 350, I wouldn't use one unless I was planning on 350hp+. What sort of project do you have?

Right now I am in the process of dropping a carb'd big block in my 60. I would like to go TBI but for now I just want to get the motor in. I got it running before I pulled it out of the donor truck so I know its good. I don't really plan on building it right now, just getting it in and maybe eventually going TBI for the heck of it. So basically hold on to your throttle body and maybe when I get around to going TBI I'll hit you up and see if you still have yours. I'll probably have the motor in within the next few weeks but after that I'm gonna need new tires, prob 37's, so the money for TBI won't be around for a little bit unless I land a couple more jobs.

Right now I am in the process of dropping a carb'd big block in my 60. I would like to go TBI but for now I just want to get the motor in. I got it running before I pulled it out of the donor truck so I know its good. I don't really plan on building it right now, just getting it in and maybe eventually going TBI for the heck of it. So basically hold on to your throttle body and maybe when I get around to going TBI I'll hit you up and see if you still have yours. I'll probably have the motor in within the next few weeks but after that I'm gonna need new tires, prob 37's, so the money for TBI won't be around for a little bit unless I land a couple more jobs.

best to get your rig running and then when your tired of the carb, then you can build the BB or even just do a tbi swap depending on your cam. I don't forsee getting rid of the TB anytime soon , so hit me up if you want to go that direction. Hope the Big block works out and I'll keep an eye on your thread (looks like a pretty fun build).

you are right... tbi isnt that big of a deal but propane is just going to be a better option for me right now. Gas may be an option down the road sometime though especially if I'm not impressed by the "fun" factor of my right foot. :)

I have a friend with a tube buggy(j**p) with a 468 BBC on propane and he swears by it. Says it uses less pane then it did gas.
06buggy_948.jpg

Must...... have...... SOA...... 60 series.......
:D

yanked the motor again tonight and got it on the stand and had time to pull the intake.... doesnt look to bad so far. I'll pull the heads on Wed. when I get back from vacation.

IMG00148-20100430-1951.jpg

IMG00149-20100430-1951.jpg

IMG00150-20100430-1952.jpg

Popped the heads off tonight and took a look. Looks like the everything is in pretty good condition. You can actually see some cross hatch and there is no ridge what so ever. I think I may just take the heads to the machine shop since the bottom end looks pretty damn good so far. The valves are the stock 2.08/1.73. Measured the bore with my crappy HF thing-a-ma-bob which was about 4.3.

IMG00162-20100504-2054.jpg

IMG00161-20100504-2053.jpg

IMG00163-20100504-2055.jpg

IMG00164-20100504-2056.jpg

one head:

IMG00166-20100504-2057.jpg

Hey, our pistons look about the same size but you have another row of them.

Hey, our pistons look about the same size but you have another row of them.

haha... this motor should be fun. I'm taking the heads to the machine shop tomorrow to have them ground for 2.19/1.88 valves, do some port/blending the bowls, and have a bit shaved to increase the compression a bit. Hopefully he machine shop wont take too long. This rig is really shaping up to be really fun in the sand....

Motor specs should be:

454 (actually 460 with the 30 over pistons)
~8.5 CR with the flat top pistons
edelbrock performer 2.0 dual plane intake
Comp Cam roller tip rockers
XE268H cam
small tube headers (dont have much room)
049 re-worked heads with 2.19/1.88 stainless valves
New, timing chain, springs, guides, oil pump, etc.

should yield about 465hp @5000/ 514ft lbs at 4000 on gas and 435hp/483 ft lbs on propane.

Bigblock on BBQ juice .. I love it

This 60 is gonna look great when done keep up the good work.:cheers:

This 60 is gonna look great when done keep up the good work.

:confused: I think it will be done when it has gone through the crusher and is on its way to become something other than a Land Cruser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom