Rescue me (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well we crossed lake Eildon a large fresh water lake with great fishing and popular place to water ski on the way to pick the 45 up.

100_3587.jpg

100_3588.jpg

100_3589.jpg

11 years of drought in Victoria has left it looking like this:censor:

The 45 looks like this

100_3591.jpg

100_3590.jpg

Another beaut that will make someone over here real happy! :steer: I think I saw that one when I was scanning aussie e-bay last week. Looks like the troopy got a workout too!

Well the Blue one will be leaving here on the 25th Feb :bounce: just in time as I will be coming back from Sydney with a BJ 40 a BJ 42 and another FJ45 so I will need the space:eek:

Anyone who is thinking of shipping parts with this one going to Galveston TX and then on to Richardson better be quick and contact https://forum.ih8mud.com/members/cruiser_007.html

100_3498.jpg

Well now I'm of to rescue a BJ40 a BJ42 and a FJ45:eek:

Oh yes and 2 Americans:doh:

Well what a weekend

Picked up the BJ40 all well and good rounded up the American's and their FJ 45 they picked up in Narrabi. Put the BJ 40 on the trailer to be towed back to Melbourne by the HJ45 From Sydney. Swung by Canberra on the way back to pick up a BJ42.

Did a little sight seeing. Visited the better half's mum and dad plus a few relatives too.
Jam packed Weekend.

100_3720.jpg

100_3738.jpg

100_3754.jpg

100_3773.jpg

100_3809.jpg
\

100_3824.jpg

100_3835.jpg

100_3839.jpg

To top it all off this one went to the docks today
100_3851.jpg

Aussie fishing hole

Here in America we go nuts for your vehicles, your fishing hole not so much.:cheers:

Really what I want to do is quit my job, finish my FJ, move to Australia, and ride in the wide open spaces. In that order!

The blue and white Troopy has been taken for a spin by her new American owners prior to shipping.
This morning the old girl had a full oil change and the brakes adjusted up before setting out for Philip Island and the Penguin Parade.

Phillip Island Nature Park -

After that the ferry across the mouth of the bay before heading out on the Great Ocean Road for 2-3 days.

The Official Great Ocean Road website

100_3412.jpg

Last edited:
Well after a week of sight seeing the American owners flew out of Melbourne today, the blue and white Troopy is getting a disc brake front along with a swivle hub kits and all the wheel bearings are been replaced as a matter of service, tie rod ends too, before shipping. Oh yes and maybe a turbo too from a 12HT we picked up at the annual 4x4 swap meet.
Then she will be shipped state side. The new owner has had a blast touring Oz in his new Toy. Even borrowing the double swag for the great Ocean Road trip.

We took time out with them to tour the local wine region stopping for lunch at Tokar from where you could see a small bush fire.

100_3861.jpg

Last edited:
Hey matt, ya need one of these :D

BJ

wire_coat.jpg

Less advice and you might have been paid to get the keys out of the truck:D

Tks for the help over the phone at 7am on a Sunday, top class Master Locksmith that you are :cheers:

Let's see if I understand. I buy a transmission in Aus. It's put in the back of another cruiser and sent to NJ. Then I pay for shipping just from NJ. Is that right?

Let's see if I understand. I buy a transmission in Aus. It's put in the back of another cruiser and sent to NJ. Then I pay for shipping just from NJ. Is that right?

Yep we can do that small fee for shipping from Oz not quite free, but nominal :D or you can collect from NJ if you are close.

Or CO one Troopy is bound for there too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom