Rescue me (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Matt, please stop sending all our spares overseas :)

Start buying some then :D

ACtually just PM'd you about that on 3rd rock :grinpimp:

now if only i could spend more than a night in my "home" city...

damn that troopy makes me miss my old girl

How about a Kaymar Hi-Lift windshield hinge mount? Used in decent shape is great.

Also curious about a H55/split case combo for my 2F. Not sure about the shifter position, parking brake, input/output shaft issues????

Thanks

How about a Kaymar Hi-Lift windshield hinge mount? Used in decent shape is great.

Also curious about a H55/split case combo for my 2F. Not sure about the shifter position, parking brake, input/output shaft issues????

Thanks

hopefully i can cover what you need to know. if the 5 speed is out of a 60 series, it'll move the shifter back about 2 inches. if it's from a 40 series, it's in the same position as the 4 speed. you can also swap the shift top plate from a 40 gearbox onto a 60, but the 40 5 speed shift plates are becoming unobtainium over here (Matt might have a secret stash tho :D). if it's from a 6 cylinder cruiser, it'll bolt up to the 2f. if it's from a Bj - series, it won't without rebuilding it using a 6 cylinder input shaft (the BJ ones are longer).

P-brake, you need to move to your rear wheels using late model rear diff housing or during a disk brake conversion.

and you'll need a slightly longer front shaft, slightly shorter rear. depending on the year of your cruiser, you may need the drive shaft flange to suit the 5 speed output flange.

Well my 2F is in and all I can say is how smooooootoh

Chris B will be a happy man :cool:

The odd ripple is a rain drop or two.

*SNIFF* So many memories of that engine, always served us well :) But onto bigger and better (read FASTER!) things!

marin

*SNIFF* So many memories of that engine, always served us well :) But onto bigger and better (read FASTER!) things!

marin

You meen this one :D

Is there any chance you would be able to pick up a new 80 series Milford full height cargo barrier to bring back in one of those containers? They've become decidedly hard to find in the US the last few years.

That one's been up for a while, it is nice isn't it? I should buy it and every other 40/45/47 so they don't end up in the U.S.:p

That one's been up for a while, it is nice isn't it? I should buy it and every other 40/45/47 so they don't end up in the U.S.:p

I asked the missus today but as she has already agreed to me shipping my 40 to Alaska for a trek so I think my chances are slim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom