Project PHOENIX-Gene's new LV (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I like the hatch under the mattress so you don’t have to get up and go outside to take a leak when it’s cold and snowy.

What?

I like the hatch under the mattress so you don’t have to get up and go outside to take a leak when it’s cold and snowy.

What?

Exactly. "What?"

I stalled the padding and carpet in the front today. I'll have the upholsterer add the same lighter brown trim on these as well. Installing the door hardware and vinyl next.
IMG_20210821_165729844~2.jpg
IMG_20210821_164304928~2.jpg
IMG_20210820_170822729.jpg

Did you ever get around to moving the rear brake lines from on top of the axle?

Did you ever get around to moving the rear brake lines from on top of the axle?

Yep, page 31. I still need to have two pieces of brake line made, but I moved the lines behind the axle and installed the bump stops.

I got the upholstery done this week by Robert at Chino Upholstery. He installed new high density foam in the front seat and made a few design changes that I really like in the cover. Heading to Tennessee as I write this and will finish the LV there. I'm retiring and will have lots of time to work on it after a few months of working on the new house.

IMG_20220503_135220910~2.jpg
IMG_20220503_135738243_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220503_135357218_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220503_135638519_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220503_135311417_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
You too? My daughter and her family moved to Franklin last Thanksgiving.

I hope you can stop by before you leave; I have a couple of things for you.😊

You too? My daughter and her family moved to Franklin last Thanksgiving.

I hope you can stop by before you leave; I have a couple of things for you.😊
I am already on my way (layover in Dallas) but will be back to do some difficult layout for my employer in a few months. I'l make sure I stop by. This whole thing happened real quick. A few months back none of this was even in the plans.

What a treasure. I'm curious if you plan to really drive it much, or is it just a show truck? If driving it, how comfortable are you with this thing on side by side UTV tires given the rarity and investment in time & money that you have made? The tall skinnies look terrific, but if I'm reading the specs right, each tire is only rated for ~800lbs at 22psi. I didn't search through the thread to see if it's been discussed, but find it hard to believe consideration wasn't given to these details given the level of detail on everything else. Best of luck with the move and with retirement!

Looks absolutely gorgeous Gene! Travel safe and Happy Retirement! Hopefully we get to cross paths someday again. And thanks again for everything!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom