Procomp Mt's for BFG mt's????? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My tires are on backorder and I was offered to either cancel the order, wait 3-4 weeks for the BFG MTs or they would give me the same size Procomp MTs for the same price. What do you guys think? I'm not familiar with Procomp. How do they wear? What do you prefer of the two? How do they ride? Thanks

I have some Pro-Comp XTerrains, 35x12.5, and I only have about 2 weeks on them, but the ride is GREAT. Haven't had the chance to take them through any mud, but just driving on some of the trails around the foothills here, I am pretty impressed. Don't really have anything to compare them to, but road noise isn't too bad (just a low hum), and on-road cornering is way better than I would have ever expected.

Just my .02

I don't know how the Pro Comps wear, but I love my BFG's.

We have 20K on them and they are still in great shape. We have done a ton of off roading on them as well.

Sorry to hear about the back order.

I think I will stick with what is a proven tire. I'd hate to get Procomps and have to replace them in a year. Thanks for the input! I'll wait on the BFGs to come. Cheers-

I think I will stick with what is a proven tire. I'd hate to get Procomps and have to replace them in a year. Thanks for the input! I'll wait on the BFGs to come. Cheers-

That's what I would do too. I am on my second set of BFG MT's and I LOVE them!! Excellent performance and they last like a street tire.

When the Pro Comps came out they were a moderately priced tire.

Which is exactly what they should be.

Pro comps for the same price as a BFG is silly..

Just silly is right. The ProComps were/are an entry level "knock off" of the BFG's. I've had both (albeit I had the ProComp MT's when they first came out), and cannot be more adamant about waiting for the BFG MT KM's. Best tyres I've ever had. Have always gotten 50k+ miles on a set. Only one tyre failed, and it was due to driving into a "t-post" at about 20 mph, stabbing through both sides.
I'd ask for a better deal on the BFG's due to the inconvenience!

I have a set of x-treme m/t that I got for a steal and after a year they still look great. The side walls are very strong and they are not really loud for being so luggy. I have put around 15k on them and the lugs have worn very little. However I will still take the BFG.:cheers:

The ProComps were/are an entry level "knock off" of the BFG's.
I'd ask for a better deal on the BFG's due to the inconvenience!

my thoughts as well

I have a set of x-treme m/t that I got for a steal and after a year they still look great. The side walls are very strong and they are not really loud for being so luggy. I have put around 15k on them and the lugs have worn very little. However I will still take the BFG.:cheers:

see even someone that has em wants the BFG's

Or ask them to give you Goodyear MTR's for the same price as the BFG's

they do this i would prolly go for it just cause its a good tire in the rocks but i still like the BFG's and think they look way better.

swampers will be my next tire of course this is after my nearly brand new BFG MT's wear out:cheers:

also the pro comps have a tendancy to pack up in mud and take some wheel speed to un pack em. the bfg is way better in that aspect alone.

so, it looks like im going against the current...dont kill me... but even though the procom m/t wears a little faster than the bfg, i personally would go for the procomp, simply because it is a better year round tire. i live in ct, so we get a good amount of snow every year, and that is the area that procomp gets ahead of bfg. the procomps have syping in each large lug on the tire, whereas bfg's do not. the syping helps to pack snow in the tire for better traction in snow. the only reason i won't put procomps on my rig is because the do not come in 33x9.50 (or any tall/skinny size for that matter) so i choose to go with the bfg m/ts (or quite possibly the a/ts).
-Hunter:cheers:
Mudterrain_close.jpg
mud-terrain-t-a-km.jpg

also the pro comps have a tendancy to pack up in mud and take some wheel speed to un pack em. the bfg is way better in that aspect alone.

i disagree. back in the day (5 years ago, when i was 12:D)me and my dad went to a mud pit near our house in his modified Jeep Cherokee (this was a few years before he got into landcruisers) and his procomps were slingin' clumps of mud the size of softballs, i think the work fine in the mud, as well as the snow.

Siping is like $10 per tire. Not exactly a huge difference there, eve more so when you consider inital cost of the PC's and the lack of longevity..

Also, Cruisin said they took a lot of wheel speed to clean out.

Personally, if you are talking mud, if it does nto say Super swamper on the side, you are running street tires..

i still love my bfg mud terrain mt's.

best all around mud tire i still own.

i live in dirty south louisiana with the interco warehouse around the corner.

had them all super swamper ssr's, sx's, buckshot mudders (the old school ones), tsl's, etc.......

and we get'em for half the price everyone else pays for them.

i still pay the premium price for the bfg's.

interco's warehouse has hot prices on hankook's, kelly's, toyo's, will not buy them.......

bfg's are the only tires in a 35" that i can wear all the way down and not slip a belt.

that is pretty awesome for a big tire.

Personally, if you are talking mud, if it does nto say Super swamper on the side, you are running street tires..

agreed

thats why my next set will be either 36-38" SX's or the new 35" LTB:grinpimp:

yes, thanks for the info. I am 100% confident on my choice to wait for the BFGs now

My Pro Comp all terrains are the best tires I've ever run. Get off the BFG bandwagon and try something new. I've heard they wear great, and have the siping to with the killer pattern. Get the pro comps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom