polishing a TuRD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Let's play it by ear, this thing isn't getting chopped until the winter anyway. If you don't make it to hoesdown we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

My balls are slightly rough to the touch. They still stay clean when wiped.

Your balls sound acceptable

Would a picture of my balls confirm their acceptance?

Yes!

Picture? I think you mean pictures, one picture is not near enough. All angles are required

I have to rub the s*** off of them so you can see the detail first.

Ball pic:
IMG_20150715_205955_463.jpg

Todd: what's the story with these steering arms? Derrick told me they came from you and they are drilled out for heims?
IMG_20150715_210342_844.jpg

The most I would do is take some 80 grit by hand and knock the top off of it. Emery cloth or regular sand paper would be fine. Flapper wheel can get aggressive quick but could be used with a light touch.

Alright ill rub them down with some sandpaper /emery cloth. So those arms are to be used with 5/8" bolts and no cone washers? I R tarded when it comes to steering arms. Before john yells at me for talking hi steer, its info for if i sell them...

I dont hate hi steer. Im just sayin.... know that you dont have to do it. Dont sacrifice a low stance for high steer.

Though after having a "low" rig and wheeling with Mark and Jason.... Im starting to doubt my ways. If properly set up height can be pretty nice!

Yea i hear ya I'm giving you some s***. I'm at a paradox with height since i hate getting bellied out, yet being able to side hill and take weird lines and not feel like its trying to roll me over is very high on my priority list. Me getting fed up with beaching this truck everywhere is my primary motivation for swapping so i don't want to do a ton of work, spend a ton of money and have the same problem as before.

However i don't want a sky scraper.

The problem i am seeing with the steering is where to put it with the springs in the way. You either have histeer, or lowsteer and a funky drag link that's border line booty fab to keep it out of the leafs. You also have to deal with bending the tie rod, and since i cant drive worth a damn, its a very real possibility!

Move that rear axle forward!!!!

We will cross that bridge when we come to it, lets see how having a front locker and a real set of axles/tires under the truck works out. I like having a full bed on here, comes in handy when i have to use it as an actual truck.

Do it! Mines getting cut up right now to shorten it about 5-6 inches. It's only like $75 to get a ds shortened

5-6?? should just do 12, that's what i was planning on doing when i first wanted to shorten it, then i bought a house and i use it as a truck. I carry all kinds of crap with this thing so i want to keep the full bed for now until it caves in on itself or falls off lol.

Look up Ikes build on TTORA, that's what i was going to copy as he chopped the frame out and did all the shortening behind the cab.

Back to your balls. No need for pics, I've seen them in person....nice

Also my balls are worse than those & I have no grease leakage.

As another side note, when building (especially with the cab off) consider future repairs. I did not take this consideration and and now cussing like Bill as I pull this trans & t case set up from my 92

Thank you Tony!! I struggle with that while i build, i try to get s*** done and dont think ahead for future repairs. I'll need to carve that in my head backwards so I remember your sage advice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom