polishing a TuRD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a good tundra clutch. It's yours if it works...

I'll have to swing by and check it out. I would have no idea how to tell the diff either, if its a Taurus fan or not.

Just give me a heads up. I'll dig it out.

Yea will do. Won't be for a week or so, I'm busy rebuilding my deck this week/weekend.

I know Joe Z's is closer, but I have some 22re clutch fans also. 1 is new. I just had to not be a dick & offer you free clutch fans also.

I might even have a 3.0 clutch and fan... That should do just fine.

I started tearing down the axle tonight and have it gutted. What a fxxxing mess, i guess its a good sign when the knuckles are packed with grease on a 30yr old axle. Some questions: does anyone have an extra backing plate? Mine broke into a few pieces due to rust and I don't want to spend money on eliminators if I don't have to. Are the trail gear wiper seals any good? I like the idea, just need some real world feedback. Is the only seal on these the axle seal going into the axle tube from the knuckle ball?

Yes that's the only seal. Get Marlin super seals, they are nice.
Yes trail queens wiper seals work fine.
Don't buy eliminators, just cut the ring out of the backing plates with a sawsall. Even the most rusty backing plates I've seen still have a good ring.

The backing plates rusted off so that saved some time, however the rings came apart which sucks. I have one that's in 3 pieces with a chunk still stuck to the knuckle.

Tonight I'm going to rake the arms off and get the knuckles off the axle.

20 bucks PLUS shipping, man this axles turning into a money pit fast!!! :flush:

Its only just begun! Surrender now, you fxxxing cheap ass DINK.

I have a retirement goal of 35 i need to put all my money into that, I cant be spending it on backing plate eliminators. Next up you guys throwing around cash like a jay-z video will tell me i cant reuse the crush sleeve when i set up the gears!

No....you fxxxin DINK , you cannot reuse the crush sleve. Buy solid spacers.

I may have some.

"But I can't see 'Em cause the money in the way"

"Ery day Ery day all I wanna do is play, can't see you cause my money in the way"

Sorry, John. Forgot to request registered trademark permission to use the term "fxxxin DINK"

lol, but a solid spacer is like 30 bucks!!! over priced landcruiser stuff!

I prefer ******* DINK

Your title will be applied.

no you have it wrong....he can't spell anything the normal way so it would have to be DEENK, DINC, or phDINK where the ph is silent.

no you have it wrong....he can't spell anything the normal way so it would have to be DEENK, DINC, or phDINK where the ph is silent.

LMAO!!

I spent some time in the garage this weekend compiling a list of parts that i need so i can start buying stuff. Most of you guys have done this before, and can you check the list out and make sure i didnt miss anything:

Steering Box 76-79 f150
Tacoma Brake Brackets FROR
Knuckle rebuild kit
Front springs (FJ60 rears already have them)
Shocks 14" travel
steering (draglink tie rod plus ends mini truck??)
t100 oil pan and pickup tube
IFS hubs
Locker (i may just spool the rear and put the spartan 3rd up front)
Longs/RCV's
Gears or at minimum 1 4.10 third
Driveshaft mods
Shorter Radiator (2wd 4cyl taco)
Firewall plate FROR
Steering knuckles / arms depends on if i go lo (if it fits) or histeer FROR

On a side note ******* this is one greasy dirty axle, which is good i don't have to deal with too much rust, but evrey layer of grease that comes off another one forms lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom