polishing a TuRD (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I typically have to lube up very well to get my wire into 1/2" of conduit.

Jim thanks for that kickass offer!!

So i spent the evening laying under my truck and i think i can get away with just patching the frame, slapping some reinforcement plates on there and be done with it for a while. I don't think ill have to back half it. While the damage sucks, i think its fixable with whats left on there.

IMG_20150826_202013_277[1].jpg
IMG_20150826_202039_482[1].jpg

On a lighter note, look at what Aim got me for my bday, its a Japanese dick measuring machine:
IMG_20150826_212258_534[1].jpg

Its bigger than i thought....
IMG_20150826_212321_267[1].jpg

Nice!

Get Billl to look at that pic of your frame. He has a lot of practice at patching frames. Sure he can tell you just where to put some bracing to make it last 10 or 12 years.

Photo packing is much easier than photo frame repair.
Put 63" Chevys on it. It moves the front mount under the flat and allows easy plating of the mud pit at the bend. Any side plating I would extend to the top of the rail for good solid steel. 1/8" plate is sufficient if used on both sides and bottom.

Thanks bill! I think I'm going to have to pull the bed off and drop the tank and go from there. 63" Chevy's are cool, but maybe I can shorten the wheelbase a bit with my current springs and get the same result by moving that Mount forward.

Im buzzed boarder line drunk so I apologize if that doesn't make sense

I had to do lots of frame work on my mini...I used 1/4" .....go big or go home....over do it or don't do it....do it right = do it once!

I cut out crap till I had good metal, used card board to make templates welded in the plasma cut pieces & used 1/8" fish plates to tie the patch to the existing frame

Rust hole number 2. This one is drivers side outer frame rail.
IMG_20150905_180320_247.jpg

IMG_20150913_144557_896.jpg
Well the kill the IFS was kill everything else except that trip. So I've been dicking around with the rear drive line and replaceing u joints and doing some needed maintenance while I find some time to weld up my frame, and I think I found the real source of my vibes. It appears that my rear driveshaft is fairly bent, so my fxxxed up frame has been admonished of blame. The rear driveshaft at idle flops around more than Tony's dick near a camp fire. So add that to the list of s*** to fix this winter lol.

Frame hole total is up to 4 now lol. Pax side of the frame was perfect, just about zero rust, just a big ass bend/crease.

You need to buy my T100 & make it your wheeler. It has a perfect frame.

Your t100 is too nice to turn into a wheeler!

I have pictures of your taco back when it was mint. You don't get to use that as an excuse.

True.

Geoff, obviously its time to full on truggy the thing! Stop fighting this!

John fxxx it, who's down for a tech weekend in Late October of chopping, welding, drinking and me grilling food?

I need to figure out how to keep a somewhat functional bed so i can haul s*** in it cause I'm not a cool kid with a tow rig.

Joe: Panty dropper stage one.... I believe the sliders went on the week after this pic, and i went wheeling with you the weekend after, that was when you first installed the duals in the red truck.

tacoside.jpg

Aww adorable! That front bumper is an abortion, you must have made some changes. Is that a radiator guard?....fag.

Flatbed that thing! Then you will have a bed that is not full of spare, and shocks....and holes.

All poo offroad baby! It looked cool in the pictures, i put it on and let out an awe fxxx. At least its light and 10years ago when i bought it there were only a few options for tacomas, and only god like fabricators had a bender at home. The only change i made besides bending it in 3 planes, is i cut off the "stinger" last year.

I had some tube bed designs saved, ill have to revisit those.

I'm down for a thrash fest. John and I can both bring a Bender. Then we can ruin twice as much tube in the same time frame

Oh, yes to a tech day/chop up your truck day!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom