polishing a TuRD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

May have to have a series of tech days, I still need to swing this 60 axle under this POS.

Please have it on my weekend off so I can come & ..."help"

What weekend would that be?

I was off this past weekend. And have every 4th weekend off

So the Tacoma left the garage for the first time since hoe down and I have a few questions.

I have reduced the drive line vibration from extreme sybian ride down to a French tickler level of vibration with new u joints, grease and cutting off the bent spline guard. The driveshaft is still visably out of balance (1/8" of "flop") and is bent, is this something that can be fixed with a retube?

Next question: do those plastic pads on leafs springs do anything, or is it better to just grease where the leafs touch?

Yes a retube should fix that.

The spring pads are supposed to help... But don't ask me, my truck makes a ton of noise

Agree on the re-tube and those plastic things are nylon & allow the springs to slide against each other for better movement....then they wear off and you're like everyone else. Mine are lubed with mud & grit.

Agree on the re-tube and those plastic things are nylon & allow the springs to slide against each other for better movement....then they wear off and you're like everyone else. Mine are lubed with mud & grit.

Makes sense, mud and grit makes a great camping sex lube, only logical that it would be good on springs!!

I was cleaning up the springs that will go on the front of this thing and was wondering if I should waste my money on new pads, the masters have spoken!!

Just had to prove that you can still do truck things with a 4ft frame behind the cab. So give in and truggy it out like you know you want to.

Just had to prove that you can still do truck things with a 4ft frame behind the cab. So give in and truggy it out like you know you want to.

Damn. Look how much more work Connor gets done, even without a build thread.

Nice! How does it drive?

So now its a short bus storm trooper!

Damn. Look how much more work Connor gets done, even without a build thread.

Hey hey hey hey........... I got the diff cover cut 75% of the way off the 60 axle.. I ran out of cut off dics. I'm picking up tires and beadlocks today, hows that for progress! Now that I'm done traveling for a bit and the weather is turning fat ass eskimo friendly, more garage work will be getting done.

All i need is a steering box, some brackets, steering, the new oil pan and some shop space and i can get the IFS cut off and the major fab work done.

Conner:LOL at the "bed". Everyone truggies now, I need to keep it old school and wheel with a bed.

You have plenty of shop space attached to your house...

Yea but its not chock full of neat tools like welders, hoists, floor space....

In all seriousness, if i did make a flat bed i would make one like this:
401524d1226203238-mt-toys-re-build-buildup-thread-p1000194.jpg

Love that truck! Conner don't go copying the design that i want to copy!

My bar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom