Owners post here. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We're in Longmont. Oscar was purchased new at Boulder Toyota in 1970 by a physical professor at the University of Colorado, given to his neighbors when he passed away. We're the third owner after they put him out to pasture. Nice to know the history!

Cool, I am just up the road from you! Have you been to any Rising Sun meetings?

Current pics of how my running 72' looks
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440966676.738930.jpg

Looks like once Bobm gets back on his feet, you'll have some repair panels to buy! ;)

Welcome Aaron!
How long have you had the '71?
It looks pretty cool! Can we see some close-up shots of the cut lines, and how they finished them?

I just got the Pig a few weeks ago. Here is a pic of the roof cut. I can get some closer ones this weekend, I'm out of state on work til Friday.
Top view FJ55.jpg

1972 J55 - 350, Holley ProJection, TH400>NP203GRB>Cruiser Case, 3.7 R&P, Scout P/S, Chevy tilt steering, Toyota bucket seats, SO, SR, high-steer, 80 series TRE's, phatty tie rod and draglink, MetalTech trac-bar and sliders, Ford shock towers, 36" SX's on black rock crawlers with 2" BS, J6x front disk brakes, FZJ80 non ABS master cylinder, RSX9012's with in cab controls, ARB lockers F&R, Profields, Aisin hubs, Eldorado rear disk brakes, Hella headlight conversion, Optima and late model 55 shoulder belts.
View attachment 18409
That's the best color combo and snow makes everything look cooler!!!

It was my job to teach my son to poop! So, while waiting we would look at Toyota trails and Toyota Owners mags ( of course). He could barely talk but whenever he would see a 55, even way in the background of a picture he would yell Iron Pig! (pronounced I run pig) The Iron Pig was the only model of Land Cruiser that I didn't really want... I took a chance and bought a good one that a friend had for 15 years. I was still thinking about selling it until he saw it. Now I love it too! A major resto mod is in the works! A big shout out to all of those who post great info on seals, suspensions, tailgates..... I love mud

image.jpg

image.jpg

It was my job to teach my son to poop! So, while waiting we would look at Toyota trails and Toyota Owners mags ( of course). He could barely talk but whenever he would see a 55, even way in the background of a picture he would yell Iron Pig! (pronounced I run pig) The Iron Pig was the only model of Land Cruiser that I didn't really want... I took a chance and bought a good one that a friend had for 15 years. I was still thinking about selling it until he saw it. Now I love it too! A major resto mod is in the works! A big shout out to all of those who post great info on seals, suspensions, tailgates..... I love mud

Oh yeah man! It came from AZ? When did you get it? Where in IL are you from?
I cannot wait to hear more about your project.

I've owned a 40 for the last decade, but have always wanted a 55. Picked this one up off eBay a few months back. It was local to me, so I was able to inspect it and convince the sellers to end the auction early. The PO purchased it in 1995 and based on the records he kept, he really enjoyed it. He was a member of a local club in Atlanta and was pretty good about upkeep. Unfortunately he was diagnosed with cancer in 2005 and passed away shortly there after. His wife held onto the 55 for a while, but his brothers eventually ended up with it. They had no interest in it, but weren't ready to let it go. I'm not sure why the change of heart, but a few months ago they decided to sell it. According to them, once their brother passed, they drove it around a little, but for the most part, it had sat for the last 10 years. Appears to be all original for the most part, stock F engine, 3sp trans, etc. It does has a 4brl Holley carb with an Offenhauser 4brl intake. The distributor looks newer and the points appear nearly brand new. The coil has been replaced at some time, because it says Made in USA on it. I have yet to hear it run, as there is no spark coming from the coil. With a busy schedule at work, I've been piddling with it for the last few weeks with no luck. Plan is to go through the major stuff and try to get it back on the road by springtime next year. The first picture is when I first walked up on it and the other is with the brothers standing beside it after we had it loaded on the trailer!

I've owned a 40 for the last decade, but have always wanted a 55. Picked this one up off eBay a few months back. It was local to me, so I was able to inspect it and convince the sellers to end the auction early. The PO purchased it in 1995 and based on the records he kept, he really enjoyed it. He was a member of a local club in Atlanta and was pretty good about upkeep. Unfortunately he was diagnosed with cancer in 2005 and passed away shortly there after. His wife held onto the 55 for a while, but his brothers eventually ended up with it. They had no interest in it, but weren't ready to let it go. I'm not sure why the change of heart, but a few months ago they decided to sell it. According to them, once their brother passed, they drove it around a little, but for the most part, it had sat for the last 10 years. Appears to be all original for the most part, stock F engine, 3sp trans, etc. It does has a 4brl Holley carb with an Offenhauser 4brl intake. The distributor looks newer and the points appear nearly brand new. The coil has been replaced at some time, because it says Made in USA on it. I have yet to hear it run, as there is no spark coming from the coil. With a busy schedule at work, I've been piddling with it for the last few weeks with no luck. Plan is to go through the major stuff and try to get it back on the road by springtime next year. The first picture is when I first walked up on it and the other is with the brothers standing beside it after we had it loaded on the trailer!

Awesome story! I can't wait to see your progress!

Those two guys look like real characters!

Ever seen the movie Deliverance? My wife asked me if I heard banjo music, ha!

They were pretty cool fellas though. I plan on keeping in touch with them as the project progresses. And who knows, they might decide to let go of this triple black 63 convertible Ford Falcon!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446227092.230183.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom