Owners post here. (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJ55
Rockwells
ARB's
Twin sticked
Kings and bags
46" Goodyears
image.jpeg

Found this beast in Oregon and come to find out it was FS on this forum back in 2011. I've had her for 2 years and changed list of items from the original build.

Welcome Hank,

You have a beautiful pig, did you do the rebuild? The pictures look like they are right out of a 1978 ad.

Do I remember seeing this on eBay several months back? If it's the same one, I remember it went for a good price. The seller listed it and went out of town. Meaning he didn't answer any questions till the last day/hours of the listing. I know this because I asked several questions, but didn't hear back till several days later:

Either way, the thing looks great. Be proud.

Sent from my iPhone

Here to introduce myself and say hello to the fellow swine fans. 4th LC I've owned and probably the best I will own.
It's a well known rig on this site with tundra 4.7 supercharged engine and 80 series axles.

Lots to learn but a good baseline to start. This is now my 3rd UZ engine vehicle so I can say I love this engine. However, none but this piggy is supercharged.
12096490_10153068447640404_3722977490795711544_n.jpg
20150925_181117.jpg
12079087_483182255194214_6781264632205291433_n.jpg

A little more...
20150925_181617.jpg
20150925_181145.jpg
20150925_181305.jpg
20151009_101316.jpg
20150925_170428.jpg

Here to introduce myself and say hello to the fellow swine fans. 4th LC I've owned and probably the best I will own.
It's a well known rig on this site with tundra 4.7 supercharged engine and 80 series axles.

Lots to learn but a good baseline to start. This is now my 3rd UZ engine vehicle so I can say I love this engine. However, none but this piggy is supercharged.
View attachment 1183639 View attachment 1183640 View attachment 1183641

This is Scott's old Pig? Nice!!!

Welcome Hank,

You have a beautiful pig, did you do the rebuild? The pictures look like they are right out of a 1978 ad.
Thank you! Can't say I did. It was pretty much done when I purchased it. I've just had some work on the carb, fuel tank, radiator, AC and tires. It has a way of adding up though, ha!

Best,

Hank

Thank you! Can't say I did. It was pretty much done when I purchased it. I've just had some work on the carb, fuel tank, radiator, AC and tires. It has a way of adding up though, ha!

Best,

Hank

Don't they always have a way of adding up on these old rigs.

Do I remember seeing this on eBay several months back? If it's the same one, I remember it went for a good price. The seller listed it and went out of town. Meaning he didn't answer any questions till the last day/hours of the listing. I know this because I asked several questions, but didn't hear back till several days later:

Either way, the thing looks great. Be proud.

Sent from my iPhone
Yesssssir, Cooney is right. I purchased it via eBay last Summer. The seller and I happened to live relatively close to each other so that facilitated my inspections during the auction. It's been a blast to drive. Although I've been working on shaking out the loose ends so I can do more off roading in confidence.

I'm a member of the Copperstate Overland Committee and was hoping to bring it to this year's inaugural rally but the Ol girl wasn't ready yet. Hopefully next year she will be. Check it out at...

Yesssssir, Cooney is right. I purchased it via eBay last Summer. The seller and I happened to live relatively close to each other so that facilitated my inspections during the auction. It's been a blast to drive. Although I've been working on shaking out the loose ends so I can do more off roading in confidence.

I'm a member of the Copperstate Overland Committee and was hoping to bring it to this year's inaugural rally but the Ol girl wasn't ready yet. Hopefully next year she will be. Check it out at...

Ha! From what I remember, you got a deal on that thing too! No way you could build it for that price. Post up some more pictures when you have a chance. Seems I remember that the interior was super nice as well. What's the back story on the thing?

Sent from my iPhone

Ha! From what I remember, you got a deal on that thing too! No way you could build it for that price. Post up some more pictures when you have a chance. Seems I remember that the interior was super nice as well. What's the back story on the thing?

Sent from my iPhone
Thanks. I agree. The interior is in pretty good shape, relatively speaking. It could use a new headliner and the dash knobs could all be re-done. Although I like it in its aged condition. If it's too clean then you hate to use it or get it dirty and I like driving it too much. My favorite part of the interior is the shift knob. If it could talk, I bet it'd have some wonderful stories.

As for the back story, I remember hearing that it was originally from Eastern Oregon but made its way to AZ somehow. I think the Seller's son bought it as a project and between the two of them, they got most of the transformation completed. The seller was knee deep into a nice fj40 project so the sale of this rig may have gone towards funding the completion. Hope to see that fj40 out on the roads soon.

image.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom