Overland bound? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

He’s a YouTuber. Some people aren’t going to like him. Not sure why everyone is getting so up in arms about someone not liking an influencer/content creator that they enjoy. I like XO, but like an adult I’m not going to flame someone for not liking their content.

YouTube "overlanding" has become ultra pretentious. So fake, so commercial. But they get views, so what do I know.

Overlandbound is generally OK, tolerable most of the time, IMHO. I like that 80, he beats that bitch.

When an ExpeditionOverland (XO) video pops up, I damn near puke. Like a freaking infomercial. "Here, spend $80K on a truck, and $50K on $hit to build it, and go camp with fancy coffee, craft beer, and weird people". WTF.

View attachment 2459088
i like to watch XO more as a show than a "guide." it becomes more enjoyable.

belt trim moldings
75710-60021 for the right front
75720-60021 for the left front
75740-60020 for the left rear
75730-60020 for the right rear

belt trim moldings
75710-60021 for the right front
75720-60021 for the left front
75740-60020 for the left rear
75730-60020 for the right rear

there goes $300. Let’s see if they’ll still make them in 5 years.

Don't forget:

75660-60020, RH quarter
75670-60020, LH quarter

And here's the install guide:

He’s a YouTuber. Some people aren’t going to like him. Not sure why everyone is getting so up in arms about someone not liking an influencer/content creator that they enjoy. I like XO, but like an adult I’m not going to flame someone for not liking their content.
+1

I don't like XO especially the recent produced shows, i think it's ok to say that. We all have our preferences. But I won't personally fault them for being successful at what they do as it obviously shows with their huge following, not to mention rigs, garage etc.. More power to them!

Same thing with Overland Bound, the guy is having great success and contributes to that community even if it's monetized. Wouldn't it be nice to make a living for something you normally would do as a hobby? I will never personally understand being a member of such, but thousands did and i have no problems with that. Plus the dude rides a decent regular Joe 80 and clearly shows he loves it so that i can respect!

Overlanding is where you drive 4 miles and take 4000 pictures over the course of a weekend right?
Make sure to zoom in on all your fancy do-dads so you don’t get a Walgreens in the background.

Or are we talking about camping out of a truck?

i like to watch XO more as a show than a "guide." it becomes more enjoyable.
Totally agree. I think it was intended more to be that flavor anyway. It gets a little cringy when they start getting into the weeds but generally I think the content is enjoyable much in the same way build threads here are enjoyable - you might not have 100k laying around to dump into your dream build but it doesn't stop you from watching some other dude do it.

Overlanding is where you drive 4 miles and take 4000 pictures over the course of a weekend right?
Make sure to zoom in on all your fancy do-dads so you don’t get a Walgreens in the background.

Or are we talking about camping out of a truck?
A buddy of mine wrote a nice article regarding this statement.

I read the article and I agree with the sentiment....but I just can't shake the feeling your buddy is butthurt over not having a real land cruiser :rofl::flipoff2:

YouTube "overlanding" has become ultra pretentious. So fake, so commercial. But they get views, so what do I know.

Overlandbound is generally OK, tolerable most of the time, IMHO. I like that 80, he beats that bitch.

When an ExpeditionOverland (XO) video pops up, I damn near puke. Like a freaking infomercial. "Here, spend $80K on a truck, and $50K on $hit to build it, and go camp with fancy coffee, craft beer, and weird people". WTF.

View attachment 2459088

This...... I really enjoyed XO first season when they weren't full of themselves on camera. The first alaska season they started to get a little preachy but I still enjoyed it. I made it about 4 episodes into the south America one and turned it off. Very full of themselves, very preachy and hey if toyota.gives you a brand new truck each year and you get 50k in sponsorship items you can have an adventure like us also.

I cant say they are alone though, most overland channels are changing to that format.

As for overland bound I do like his 80 and in the past have enjoyed a few of his videos but I also equate the company for giving rise to the yuppie broverlanders..... I see that badge I generally don't want to talk to the trucks owner ;)

I read the article and I agree with the sentiment....but I just can't shake the feeling your buddy is butthurt over not having a real land cruiser :rofl::flipoff2:
LOL. Yea, I poked fun at him as well. Then he got a nice HDJ80, so not all is lost.

fair enough, good point. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom