Our Metalian Midi build. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It was a great pleasure doing this build for you Theo. For sure, this is our most unique setup and your input on this build has added to our skills. From all the guys at Metalian, we wish you many enjoyable days in the bush.

Amazing...thank you for sharing!!:cheers::beer:

It was a great pleasure doing this build .

Likewise Heinz ! Took her for a quick spin along the highway at speed this afternoon and she was steady like a rock, even though she was empty.

DSC_0117.JPG

Now to get her ready for next weekend's trip :bounce:

I guess that looks okay... :bounce: Kidding of course, that looks amazing! What engine do you have in the in the 40?

Kruger here you come!

Thanks !

What engine do you have in the in the 40?

It is the Toyota 4000 cc V8, 1UZ- FE VVTi out of a late model Lexus.

I"m curious as to what size of National Luna fridge you went with? It looks huge, but I guess if you have a family it has to be big. Beautiful trailer, sitting as is, what would be finished weight of that trailer?

I went with the 95L National Luna that I have owned for the last 8 years.The children are deserting the nest at the speed of light so trailer is aimed at transforming the small 40 series into a competent 2 person, quick setup, yet serious over landing rig for African conditions.

I have not weighed the trailer yet but we guesstimate about 750 kg when loaded :hmm:

Took her out for a very mild weekend testing trip last weekend ...

DSCN1673.JPG

DSCN1679.JPG

DSCN1685.JPG

DSC_0133.JPG

DSCN1688.JPG

DSC_0145.JPG

Tomorrow we are off on another trip and the only mods sofar are some longer rear shackles for Olive !

:cheers:

wow amazing build. you can alot of camping gear in there for sure. and its organized so you dont have to empty the entire trailer to get to the pots and pans.

sweet

Wow. Looks very neat Theo!

Interested in your propane bottle mount.
Would you post a closer picture of it please.

Here you go mate, sorry for the delay.

DSC_0048.JPG

DSC_0051.JPG

Shout if you need more :cheers:

Hi did you specify having the same wheels as your tow rig made up by metalian or did you have to change it after?

Hi mate.

I actually supplied the rims and tyres myself but I did specify it beforehand as we had to change the length of the axle ,height of the leaf springs and shock lenghts to accomodate the larger tyres.We are still waiting for a longer HD jocky wheel.

Hi mate.

I actually supplied the rims and tyres myself but I did specify it beforehand as we had to change the length of the axle ,height of the leaf springs and shock lenghts to accomodate the larger tyres.We are still waiting for a longer HD jocky wheel.

cool. well youve done well - looks fantastic!

I just love coming in threads like this...makes my little CDN M101 look like a real turd. Thanks a ton.

lol you may be able to put a metalian like box ontop but agreed, not like the real deal eh? Ive recently got an old Sankey and I'd love to have the same functionality and look tmarx has.

Amazing work. Hats off to the build crew!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom