Ordered the injectors today (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The nozzle is 2 small holes and couldn't tell from looking at it. It would be nice to know how they check out when they get cleaned, but Steve-O said that would be near impossible to track.

Good info Rick. Definitely please post back the results of your trip. I'm more interested in the smoothness than any mpg increase.

Good to hear, so far it sounds like it was worth the time and $$. Looking foward to seeing your truck tomorrow, if you are getting 14.2 before the injectors with all those mods, there must be something a miss with mine, I may get 14 on a good day and I'm stock.

Having balanced fuel flow to each cylinder should be a benefit to effeciency.

15.2, ok now you are just trying to make me feel bad :crybaby:

I'll be curious to see how smooth its running as well. As with most things, a side by side comparison is always best. I feel as though mine is running well and smooth, but something may come to light once I see yours.

The Bass is chillin'

:cheers:

I had my injectors done on my 97 while in the process of replacing a head gasket. I went with Cruzin Performance in Big Rapids, MI... Total cost was $81.00 for an overhaul of all the injectors. For those that are curious I've posted my before and after results. The engine had around 100,000 miles on it at the time. The numbers do not mean much to me but, I did notice that the vehicle ran smoother.

Injector resistance: 13.7, 13.6, 13.6, 13.6. 13.6, 13.7

Spray Pattern Before: Fair on all 6
Spray Pattern After: Good on all 6

60 Second Pulsed Flow Delivery (mL) Before: 82, 82, 83, 83, 83, 84
60 Second Pulsed Flow Delivery (mL) After: 84, 84, 85, 84, 85, 85

100mL Pulsed Volume Before: 98, 98, 99, 99, 100, 100
100mL Pulsed Volume After: 99, 99, 100, 99, 100, 100

15 Second Static Flow (mL) Before: 86, 86, 87, 86, 86, 86
15 Second Static Flow (mL) After: 88, 88, 89, 89, 88, 88

100mL Static Flow Before: 99, 99, 100, 99, 99, 99
100mL Static Flow After: 99, 99, 100, 100, 99, 99

I did my injectors about a year and a half ago when I pulled everything apart to replace EGR valve, VSV, all vacuum lines, various gaskets, the pesky heater hose, etc. etc.

I took mine to the local diesel injector service shop. They did a great job, provided a printout and replaced all the o-rings. I think it was roughly $25 per injector, with a one day turnaround time.

I have a feeling most cities of any size have an injection service company, you just have to find it. I don't see why anyone would have to ship these half-way across the country to be done.

FYI, mine where not flowing evenly at all, some were pretty plugged up. Truck runs very, very smooth now!

Robert Callaway
'94 FZJ
166k mi.
San Antonio, TX

MSG, its good to see that they were honest about your before and after numbers.
I would think they would PAD their numbers/results so that you would THINK they needed to be cleaned.

MSG - The numbers mean very little to me, but the variance does, I would have thought that numbers with that little variance would not yield any noticable improvements. I guess this shows just how sensative the engine/injectors are to clogging etc.l

Are there any others that have numbers we could compare?

Just in case some might be waiting for some mpg numbers I thought I'd post some up. I first ran a few tanks of gass through the system to allow it to map the new injectors. I left home this moring for Long Island which taqkes be down through CT which is quite hilly on RT 84 and there was some construction on RT 95 below Bridgeport that when combined with the rain made for about 45 minutes of stop and Go.

SO with out further a do, drum roll please:

16.5 mpg

I'm very pleased with the increase and suspect that if I was to do the same route as my previous drive before the injectors which yielded 15.2, I'd be a little higher as that route is not as hilly and without delays.

Gret Ball of Fire Rick! Is that at 75 mph when you weren't stopped? Keep us posted with more trips to see if this was a filling issue. This preventative maintenance could pay for itself fast.

Sent my injectors to Cruzin Performance yesterday. Ordered all the stuff from Cdan today (gaskets, hose, EGR, etc). Many thanks to Dan for his expert knowledge to guide this newbie to what should be addressed per this maintenance action.

I will post the before/after specs of the injectors and my impression of what, if any, impact on engine performance.

Why ship injectors across the country? In my case, a reference means everything and Cruizin has a few folks in this forum who have nothing but good things to say about him (he is competively priced, too) :D

Landtank, look what you've started!!! 16.5 MPG.

16mpg my hindend!
Thats just the placebo affect.
When ever one adds or fixes something on their motor to make better mpg, that person then drives more fuel conscience.
The tend to do NEW math and exaggerate :flipoff2:

Last edited:
Think what you want Kurt but I have since drove back up to Bridgeport CT from LI and from looking at the gauge it's not a one time thing.

I'll be doing a run n gun home from Bridgeport on Friday, no traffic issues usually just a straight blast home. That should give some real good numbers for straight highway.

DON"T HAVE A COW, MAN!
I was just kidding ;)

If your numbers keep up, I will be sending in my injectors.

I drove Rick's rig on Monday night and that thing is smooooooooth! It fired RIGHT up (mine takes a second to start) and it ran great. He has 40k+ more miles then mine and it I think it runs better, and mine feels damn pretty good, with new wires, plugs etc new within the last 10-12k miles. I will be doing this once I get some other more pressing items completed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom