White smoke fuel smell after Bosch injector upgrade. Help? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just replaced the original injectors with the Bosch for hole upgrade and the old girl just keeps flooding I can't drive it there's so much smoke and it's missing a bit it's just getting way too much fuel. Did these injectors show up bad regularly?

It's just terrible. Checked the banjo bolt and cleared the fuel line, not finding any vacuum leaks. ECM has been reset, just don't know what to do next. Not in the woods, just wanted a good picture here

1000021369.jpg

I did say that, that was dumb. They're on there, no way that would plug in without them though right? I wasn't there for the initial install, helping the guys who did it.
Yeah, I don't see how they would. The kit says it comes with them, so I assume you have them.

Does whatever you're using to scan codes show short term and long term fuel trim? If it's trying cut your fuel way back it may give you a hint.

Yeah, I don't see how they would. The kit says it comes with them, so I assume you have them.

Does whatever you're using to scan codes show short term and long term fuel trim? If it's trying cut your fuel way back it may give you a hint.
Just counting the blinks, but no light on yet. Was replacing the rad, and asked the guys if they minded popping new injectors in. They're lost. I walked away for the weekend, will regroup on Monday. Already found a couple of roaches on the floor and they're asking me how to troubleshoot it. I've made a bad decision.

Just counting the blinks, but no light on yet. Was replacing the rad, and asked the guys if they minded popping new injectors in. They're lost. I walked away for the weekend, will regroup on Monday. Already found a couple of roaches on the floor and they're asking me how to troubleshoot it. I've made a bad decision.
Ah, I was thinking of my 96 with full OBDII. I don't know if the earlier models had any way to give you that info.

Sorry about your amateur mechanics. For what it's worth, I've known some really stone people who were really good at their jobs, but it sounds like these guys aren't!

It certainly sounds to me like it's over-fueling. It might be worth pulling spark plugs to see if they look like they're running rich. If you don't have new school tricks to rely on, old school tricks still work. Step one is to confirm that it's running rich, step two is WHY.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom