Oh how I wish.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

WarDamnEagle

SILVER Star
Threads
I just posted in a thread on a diesel 80 "legally" registered in California and thought I would search to see if any of the regs had changed (nope). Then while eating my lunch I thought, well let's see what's for sale in Euope that I can't import back to the US....I engage in this little fantasy occasionally.

I know it's not an 80 but I thought you guys had to see this:

Used Cars and Trucks from Germany. Low Cost high quality Cars & Trucks. Tel. +49 1626903682

Left hand drive and seating for 10...(sniff):crybaby:

Yep, see things like that every trip to Germany. Great, purpose-built Cruisers, that are no frills. That, and Unimogs, and, dare I say, some Euro spec Land Rovers, and plane-jane Merc Galendewagens.

Looks like that place is near Frankfurt. Just hop a flight over and box it up !!!

Oh, but you think you hate fuelling up you TLC here at US$4 a gallon...........hold on to your wallet.

Robert, you didn't look at my profile...I live in England. I currently pay $10/gal for diesel! I also used to live in Germany and drooled constantly over the Gelandewagons....also difficult to import into the US.

When I was stationed in Germany in the '70's and early '80's, the Army used Galendewagens for the guards at the ammo supply points - stripped, no frills vehicles.

I just sold my G500 a few months ago- Great truck, damn window regulators breaking all the time drove me crazy! Ill have another one day.

I'm currently in Belgium for a 5 week internship and I end up drooling every five minutes over all of the diesel cruisers, g-wags, and defenders that are driving around on the roads here.

Robert, you didn't look at my profile...I live in England. I currently pay $10/gal for diesel! I also used to live in Germany and drooled constantly over the Gelandewagons....also difficult to import into the US.

Sure enough, you are. Then, not to worry about fuel prices, you are used to the pain !! :bang: Unlike all of us here in the States.

holy super troopy batman!
makes me want to hang it all up and head over the pond, I could make it an expedition rig and live in it.

got to drive a td5 defender 110 today. all i can say is "wow, i want a diesel"

got to drive a td5 defender 110 today. all i can say is "wow, i want a diesel"

Imagine if you can drive a 1HD-T boosting 15 PSI or the new VD-FTV engine .. those Defender engine means nothing side to side with a Toyota Turbo Diesel engine ..

i know i know, but being the first 5 speed turbo diesel ive ever driven in all 18 years of my life, it "inspired" me

Imagine if you can drive a 1HD-T boosting 15 PSI or the new VD-FTV engine .. those Defender engine means nothing side to side with a Toyota Turbo Diesel engine ..

Last row of my sig line.....DD :D

Fantastic engine. Not worth staying in England for but still....

Man, that's a nice LC, I'm from Venezuela and we have those over there and let me tell you, they are awesome, It's a shame they don't bring them to the US, they would sell so many of them here, I would buy a Serie 71 without a doubt!!!

Here's a little video of what they are capable of, this video is in the FUN RACE 4x4 in Venezuela, HARDCORE OFF-ROADING!!!!

YouTube - Funrace 4x4 - Extreme Offroad - Toyota Landcruiser

Thats just a troopy, there a dime a dozen over here.
The local tribes use them out in the scrub everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom